• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Walleyehooker

Where do you buy your motorcycle tires?

Need to replace the rear tire on my Harley soon and wondering where you guys buy your tires at. Look to be a lot cheaper on line compared to dealer. Also what brand. Seems like the Dunlop Elite III is rated real well and supposed to last a lot longer than the original stock Dunlops.

The only problem with buying online is finding someone to mount and balance them. I run metzler me880 marathons on my 08 fxdf fat bob. Average about 10000 miles on them,pretty decent tire. Bought first set online for cheap,but couldn't find anyone to mount them and ended up paying more in the long run.now I just go to the dealer.

I might also check some prices up in northern MN as I get up there pretty often and sometimes things are cheaper up there. I don't have a problem removing the tire from the bike as I have a lift and plenty of tools for the job. Hard to believe what they get for bike tires then drill ya for another $80 or so to mount and balance it.

I belive Dennis Kirk will still meet or beat any tire price they can verify.

You need to be able to tell them/guide them to where you saw the cheaper price so they can verify it's legit but if you can do that they will do their end of the deal.

The Michelin Commanders(?) are supposed to last pretty good if they come in a size that will work.

For me though, I have not found meaningful difference in life between different brands of similar tires. So, I went Darkside on the rear of my Vulcan. A $300 rear tire every 4-5k miles (essentially every year) was out of hand.

Jake Wilson has great prices. Fully agree with the Dunlop Elite 3. Have run 2 sets and they are probably the best I have found. I mount my own and run Dyna Beads to balance. No issues.