• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Buck's too busy making cash posting things on this site to know what's really happening. Don't worry Buck, I suppose the checks will start coming anytime.

Well 10,000 why dont you tell me what is really happening.

I am the only one who had the balls to tell you guys over two years ago that the direction they were going in was all wrong. Well into the third season I have been spot on. All you guys can do is spin it around and hate on me. Dont hate me, hate our worthless team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bear cause its too much to ask for to make a Stanley Cup appearance ONE TIME in the "State of Hockey". Mathematically as a percentage more teams make the playoffs than miss the playoffs in the Western Conference, yet we struggle mightily just to get there. Just once in my life maybe a 2 or 3 seed might be nice.

2001- No Playoffs

2002- No Playoffs

2003- Swept out of conference finals

2004- No Playoffs

2005- Lockout

2006- No Playoffs

2007- Lost quarterfinals 1-4 to Ducks

2008- Lost quarterfinals 2-4 to Avs

2009- No Playoffs

2010- No Playoffs

2011- No Plafoffs

2012- No Playoffs

2013- Lost quarterfinals 1-4 to Chicago

2014- Lost semifinal 2-4 to Chicago

Go back to telling us all what a great job Fletcher is doing now.

so you are putting the entire history of Wild hockey on Fletcher?

OK thanks glad we cleared that up.

Hard to blame Yoe with all the injuries and illness this team has had this year. I like his system and when the team plays it they are in the game. I do think they need to shoot and crash the net more but then again with small forwards it is hard to out muscle the other teams D.

I do think another coach might motivate certain players a little more.

I think that's the general feel on Yeo. His system is good, but he lacks the ability to motivate his players when the going gets tough. We saw some of the same issues last year. We have to talent to be top 5 in the west, we just need to bring that kind of effort even if we lose a few in a row.

No, its in reference to a different post that Bear made where he said what a great job Fletcher did putting this current team (parisie vannek suter pommenville) together.

The list of seasons is an FYI of why some of us have no faith.

I'll stand by that statement, Fletcher took over a garbage team with zero prospects. Right now we have more talent in our lineup than any previous seasons you posted, that is not on fletcher. Even if we tank this season there is a very reasonable shot to bounce back next year and down the road. Hitting the panic button and blowing up the team every few seasons isn't going to work, but of course a great thinker like yourself already knew that.

I'll stand by that statement, Fletcher took over a garbage team with zero prospects. Right now we have more talent in our lineup than any previous seasons you posted, that is not on fletcher. Even if we tank this season there is a very reasonable shot to bounce back next year and down the road. Hitting the panic button and blowing up the team every few seasons isn't going to work, but of course a great thinker like yourself already knew that.

THIS

Buck...

FWIW, Jason Pominville was in exchange for Matt Hackett and Johan Larsson. I would do that trade today and twice on Sunday. Hackett I believe was waived by Buffalo and Larsson hasnt developed much.

Yes, I am a Wild Fan, but that doesnt mean I wouldnt be critical of a poor decision and from my perspective Fletcher has done a great job to turn this team around and build some young prospects in the system that previous to him was BARE!

Risebrough screwed this team and set them back for many years. It really started with the Gaborik deal when he didnt trade him and ended up losing him and getting nothing in return.

There are 9 guys on this team right now under the age of 25. 14 are under 30. Its not like we are talking about an aging team that is past its prime. Its loaded with youth, that in some cases hasnt fully developed yet.

Buck, you seem to think that signing two guys assures you a championship. Guys who post here know that was never going to the be case, but it certainly was two key building blocks to establish as a foundation for years to come. I would do those deals again today and not think twice about it.

Parise aside from maybe lacking that sniper-type shot is everything that you could ever want in a hockey player. He leaves everything he has on the ice, EVERY play. This is coming from a diehard Gopher fan who couldnt stand him when he played for UND. He is a huge asset to this team and a great leader.

What we need now is our youth to really start making that next step. Nino had a real nice start but really fell off recently.

I have said from the beginning of last year, 2015-2016 is the year to begin a real serious push in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and make the Finals in multiple years following. Im not waivering from that. Its the trajectory I see this team on regardless of how they may or may not look right now.

You guys are all over reacting.. Buck, you're out of line here. Don't live in the past, live in the now or future buddy.

Our offense is fine, we have a good mix of youth prospects and talent. Maybe make a couple small tweaks and we're fine.

Now Defense is another story. No grit, no size. Folin should be in Iowa, Prosser should be on waivers and Brodin should be trade bait and Ballard is probably going to retire. Spurgeon should be on the top line and then find some rough sizeable guys to fill out the line up.

You guys are all over reacting.. Buck, you're out of line here. Don't live in the past, live in the now or future buddy.

Our offense is fine, we have a good mix of youth prospects and talent. Maybe make a couple small tweaks and we're fine.

Now Defense is another story. No grit, no size. Folin should be in Iowa, Prosser should be on waivers and Brodin should be trade bait and Ballard is probably going to retire. Spurgeon should be on the top line and then find some rough sizeable guys to fill out the line up.

I agree on most accounts, but I wouldnt trade Brodin. He is solid. He isnt a physical guy, but rarely makes mistakes that cost goals. You need guys like that. I hated seeing how he didnt try and tie up Daley when Bickel was taking on all comers in the Stars game. That was pretty ridiculous though.

Folin could certainly benefit from time in Iowa, but I think he has been fine and really doesnt look all that lost out there IMO.

Ballard, for his sake, I hope he hangs up the skates. Life after hockey is more important than what he is going through or what he could have happen due to his history.

I think we have 4 relatively solid D men, but do need a solid left hand shot. Bummer that claim off waivers didnt work for the Arizona dude (name escapes me), but he wasnt going to be a superstar, but at least get Prosser off the left side and hopefully out of the lineup.

I cringe when I see he and Folin together, but Folin is the guy who is far more dependable.

It would be nice if Dumba could come up and perform, but clearly he was bad at the beginning of the year. He has the chance to add some physicality and offense which is a huge plus, but I dont want to have the pucker factor every time he hits the ice which was like every shift at the beginning of the season.

Quote:
I hated seeing how he didnt try and tie up Daley when Bickel was taking on all comers in the Stars game. That was pretty ridiculous though.

We were at the Elks club after a bonspiel watching the game and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. It made me sick to my stomach and show a lot of what's wrong with the team, they don't have each others backs. Haven't they watched The Game Stands Tall? It's about the guy next to you.

I agree on most accounts, but I wouldnt trade Brodin. He is solid. He isnt a physical guy, but rarely makes mistakes that cost goals. You need guys like that. I hated seeing how he didnt try and tie up Daley when Bickel was taking on all comers in the Stars game. That was pretty ridiculous though.

Folin could certainly benefit from time in Iowa, but I think he has been fine and really doesnt look all that lost out there IMO.

Ballard, for his sake, I hope he hangs up the skates. Life after hockey is more important than what he is going through or what he could have happen due to his history.

I think we have 4 relatively solid D men, but do need a solid left hand shot. Bummer that claim off waivers didnt work for the Arizona dude (name escapes me), but he wasnt going to be a superstar, but at least get Prosser off the left side and hopefully out of the lineup.

I cringe when I see he and Folin together, but Folin is the guy who is far more dependable.

It would be nice if Dumba could come up and perform, but clearly he was bad at the beginning of the year. He has the chance to add some physicality and offense which is a huge plus, but I dont want to have the pucker factor every time he hits the ice which was like every shift at the beginning of the season.

To make a change we'd have to give up someone of value. This is going to be fun watching this all unfold as teams ahead of us will be looking to make the run (be buyers)and teams below us (very few) will be sellers...what will Fletch do? If he goes all in on the players we have he'll have to fire Yeo to see if that change makes a difference, if he realizes we need to tweak the roster we should be making some moves soon IMO.

Brodin has been very good this year, last year he was a little shaky but still one of our better players. Remember he is still only 21, D is a much harder position to play and this kid has been doing it well since he was 19, never ever trade him!

Brodin has been very good this year, last year he was a little shaky but still one of our better players. Remember he is still only 21, D is a much harder position to play and this kid has been doing it well since he was 19, never ever trade him!

Agree on Brodin's skills and he has tremendous upside. Are you guys thinking we ride it out with what we have or does anyone have a few "decent" players you'd be willing to trade? Goalie is number one concern followed by a big hard shooting Dman IMO.

Folin in AI, yeah he would benefit from more minutes and lower competition.

Prosser on waivers, agree completely

Spurgeon on top line, I can see that

Brodin trade bait, that would have to be a big, big upside coming to us.

Rough sizeable guys...who? Not much available out there.

As for the guy from Arizona, sounds like he was Prosser with size. I'm not so sure we would have been better off.

I'd ride it out and "hope" that we somehow end up going on some sort of winning streak. Hope isn't a strategy unfortunately though. Teams go through ebbs and flows and while this is way beyond ebb/flow I think hoping to bring in a player or two to attempt to fix things is the worse hope strategy of the two. It's a bad situation.

Are you guys thinking we ride it out with what we have or does anyone have a few "decent" players you'd be willing to trade? Goalie is number one concern followed by a big hard shooting Dman IMO.
That's a very compelling question.

From my seat I say ride it out with what we have regardless of how the season goes from here. I would hate to see us jeopardize the future for a potential one year gain and at this point, that could be a huge stretch.

However, speaking in hypotheticals here, what if, we could swing a trade for the likes of Lucic and Chara? Yes, that would involve giving up something big in return, but Lucic is the kind of guy we could certainly use right now and Chara? Man is definitely someone to contend with on the back end.

From the rumor mill it sounds like Boston is about done with both of them.

What would it take is the million dollar question and would it be worth it? Hmm. Those guys would take some prospects or talent from our current roster.

Lucic is only 26. One more year at $6M. Chara has 3 years left under $7M. Those are some big numbers for a guy who is in his upper 30's. That might take some restructuring or something???

Honestly, I wouldnt mind a Lucic deal, but not real sure who I would give up in return. A line with Vanek, Lucic, and Coyle (center) would be awesome I think. Chara is too long in the tooth for me and I dont particularly care for his game much, but it is intriguing.

Quote:
Rough sizeable guys...who? Not much available out there.

ya and that was the problem last summer and the few guys like Mitchell that were out there went for big bucks. Still the same story but we need toughness on the back end bad. I'd rather see them pick up 2 Dmen than a goalie. And it better happen soon.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/126935

inexcusable, Brodin didn't even drop his stick. You'll never win a Cup with guys like that.

Quote:
However, speaking in hypotheticals here, what if, we could swing a trade for the likes of Lucic and Chara? Yes, that would involve giving up something big in return, but Lucic is the kind of guy we could certainly use right now and Chara? Man is definitely someone to contend with on the back end.

Love it but Chara is old.

Koivu/Brodin for Lucic/Chara? But Boston is probably too smart to take Koivu.

I wouldn't do that trade. Keep in mind, Brodin is 20. He's got a lot of growing up to do, physically and mentally. With where he is at now, I would consider him nearly untouchable.

There's only so many Dmen under 200lbs that can really excel in the NHL, Brodin is good but I would not consider him untouchable, he's not going to bulk up much or would have already IMO, if we could actually get that deal I am all over it. The kicker is Koivu has that no-trade clause and is way overpaid compared to both Lucic/Chara, not too mention that would deplete the D core already slim in size/talent....but I'd pull the trigger and bring Dumba back up.

Lucic is a 24g, 60pt player (26yo). Chara is a big guy (37yo).

Brodin is a top pairing defenseman (20yo). Koivu is a solid 2C crazy good 3C (31yo).

I don't get why this is a good deal for us, other than for size.

Bickel gets pounded by two Stars and Brodin does nothing to help him, Bickel got tagged twice while one player held him. 6'1" or whatever that's a mentality problem that Brodin wouldn't drop the mitts or at least shed the stick to help him out.

I'm not a big fighting fan but when that stuff is going on Brodin had no choice but to get involved and he didn't

Also, Brodin is 6'1". Not a tiny frame. There's room to bulk.

6'1" and 180lbs on a skinny frame, you think as a Dman if he could have gained 20 pounds to even get himself up to 200 lbs he would not have done so already? I like the kid, he's good, has good stats but not "untouchable", and to take it a step further that's a big part of our problem I have stated before....we are too small & light/not tough enough when going up against opponents just as fast/skilled and 20-50 pounds heavier. He just might be the good trade bait we need to upgrade the team.

This may not be popular but I would rather see pominville traded than Brodin.

I like pominville but if there is a shot at getting someone the caliber of lucic I'd dump him. The main caveat I have is lucic doesn't seem to be a hard working guy and mainly why he is losing favor in Boston. That isn't a type of guy I want.

I thought it was moderately amusing seeing the penalty box video with prosser, bickel , etc in there against the stars. Prosser had an ice bag on his hands. Did he even get a punch in?

I will applaud him for standing up for himself but it was a laughable fight.