• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Buck, if you want to say I told you so, you need to tell us what CF should have done, why Yeo should be fired (in more detail than "because"), and who should replace him and why. I don't have a problem with others having opinions on here, but you gotta back it up with something insteam of cheesy memes.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation. Just replace Indians with Wild.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta be honest, I got nothin. That was ugly. If we miss the playoffs, I honestly think Yeo is gone. I really hope Dave Tippet gets out of Arizona and we pick him up. We will go back to ultra defensive hockey, but that's better than what ever you call what happened tonight.

Last night I started looking at the Wild as though they are a bad youth hockey team. Many times the poorer youth hockey teams are the result of lower numbers of players in the association and the depth of the team doesn't compare with larger hockey associations. Sure they have some good players but eventually the lack of depth catches up with a team.

Also, the other team just knows they are going to beat them and come into the game with more confidence than normal. Problem is that this isn't a youth hockey team but maybe if we promise them juice boxes and Teddy Grahams after the next game we will win...

I agree about the line changes but with all the injuries and illnesses its been tough. My point before was why bastardize all the lines when a player or two is out. Bring a guy up to fill the void but don't shuffle all lines. I known its not always that easy.

I agree Captain, why change all the lines every game. They have 45 games left and need to get to 100 points to make the playoffs. If they can take 2 points out right from the wild card teams when they play they have a chance. if they give 1 point in those games it is going to be very tough.

On the other hand their health luck has to get better and other teams should have some issues. Good luck 20 some games left against teams ahead of them.

Yeo needs to start giving more ice time to those who are playing well, and less to those who aren't in a given game or string of games. Suter has not been good lately, yet he still get thrown into 30min a game and top PP. Pommer ahsn't been good on the PP since day 1, yet he's still right there every time. Scandella is playing well defensively and offensively, yet still doesn't get top PP minutes. Zucker is the same deal.

Yeo is so comfortable with certain players that he will defer to them in every situation regardless of how they or anyone else has been playing. Those players are the vets (with the exception of Coyle).

My Rant....Like I have stated previously when you look at the roster and compare to other teams we just do not stack up. Other than Parise they don't have it. Suter has been horrible to what he should be (he's played a long career already with all those minutes), Koivu has his moments but few and far between (he's done IMO), Pom is not good (decent shot but not accurate enough times and too small), Brodz is horrible and Cooke not far behind him, Vanek has good hockey sense but the only momentum he has is when he jumps over the boards, Granlund is talented but injury prone, Spurg is good, Scandella has been very good....so our Vets are average and our youth are not what we expected accept for a couple flashes here and there. Look at Dallas, they have 11 players 25 yrs or younger with several not too far past 25. And we are small/weak. Fletch built this team, I bought into it but IMO it appears now is a house of cards starting to crumble..and this is without the terrible goalies....and I feel the worst for Parise....he appears lately to realize what they have and it is not even close to a playoff team. We'll win some more games but will be on the outside looking in come playoff time and unless big changes are made it is going to be a while before they are good again. As for Yeo, he's not the problem and I hope he stays on the high road. If a better coach is available after the season my guess is Fletch will throw him under the bus but I'd like to see Fletch step up, take some of the heat and then go out and fix this....which he can do but that does not happen overnight.

Easier said than done Buck, what you are implying is that they close the franchise, buy another one and start over...would you get on the same planet at least? If they continue this slide it does not take a genius to realize changes will need to be made but pro sports is more complex than you realize I guess.

Easier said than done Buck, what you are implying is that they close the franchise, buy another one and start over...would you get on the same planet at least? If they continue this slide it does not take a genius to realize changes will need to be made but pro sports is more complex than you realize I guess.

What I am implying is they should fire the coach and GM yesterday. WHO CARES WHO THE NEXT COACH IS, THIS ONE IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!!! Your GM got you these players, signed the two big contracts, traded away prospects for Pommenville, signed Vanek the ice ornament, and the coach is unable to get ANYTHING out of this team. Expecting Fletcher and Yeo to get you ANY different result is pure lunacy.

I just dont understand why those of you so in love with the team cant see the problems. I have been the lone voice of dissent for the last three years, and it looks like I am spot on.

And yes BB teams fire the coach and GM all the time. Your the one that needs to get back to reality.

I just dont understand why those of you so in love with the team cant see the problems. I have been the lone voice of dissent for the last three years, and it looks like I am spot on.

It's sports Buck, sometimes things go wrong. Throwing an internet tantrum isn't going to fix anything. Maybe its just a bad year and they bounce back, maybe they turn it around in the 2nd half, maybe the vets are too old and the kids aren't good enough, life will go on.

I think Buck thinks the Wild should win every game and bring home the Cup every year. crazy

I think every die-hard wild fan on here like yourself is just happy to limp into the playoffs 2 or 3 of every 5 years, win two or three games and get bounced out and then say, "next year" or "just need another forward or a little more D." Extremely pathetic considering what the state and fans have invested into this team, and I am puzzled as to how any objective person can argue against that.

Hard to blame Yoe with all the injuries and illness this team has had this year. I like his system and when the team plays it they are in the game. I do think they need to shoot and crash the net more but then again with small forwards it is hard to out muscle the other teams D.

I do think another coach might motivate certain players a little more.

Buck Edina girls tennis has like 18 titles in a row, if you can't handle the NHL or other professional sports you might want to check them out. Probably right up your ally. wink

Yeah Bear cause its too much to ask for to make a Stanley Cup appearance ONE TIME in the "State of Hockey". Mathematically as a percentage more teams make the playoffs than miss the playoffs in the Western Conference, yet we struggle mightily just to get there. Just once in my life maybe a 2 or 3 seed might be nice.

2001- No Playoffs

2002- No Playoffs

2003- Swept out of conference finals

2004- No Playoffs

2005- Lockout

2006- No Playoffs

2007- Lost quarterfinals 1-4 to Ducks

2008- Lost quarterfinals 2-4 to Avs

2009- No Playoffs

2010- No Playoffs

2011- No Plafoffs

2012- No Playoffs

2013- Lost quarterfinals 1-4 to Chicago

2014- Lost semifinal 2-4 to Chicago

Go back to telling us all what a great job Fletcher is doing now.

Hard to blame Yoe with all the injuries and illness this team has had this year. I like his system and when the team plays it they are in the game. I do think they need to shoot and crash the net more but then again with small forwards it is hard to out muscle the other teams D.

I do think another coach might motivate certain players a little more.

Every team has injury and illness every year. Injury and illness are just the excuse these guys are using to keep their jobs.