• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

I sure hope this doesn't hold true and I need to look at the clinch scenarios, but they could quite easily lose these last 3 games (5 total). I am sure there is a scenario in there where they could still get in, but come on!

All bets are off tonight. I am throwing my "hockey watching outfit" in the wash today and putting on something different. Need to create a spark.

I don't want Cooke in the lineup right now. I don't want to see guys out there that aren't ready. Carter hasn't been bad, but that 4th line was humming along when he was out. Lets get the gang back together.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting interesting and I was afraid the 4 day layoff would take the edge off...you go home, play with the kids all day, the wife fattens you up, you lose your focus, you get complacent riding the high of recent good play. Unfortunate not to be able to coast a little bit like the other locked teams are right now. And I thought Stewart would come in handy against these bigger teams but he is not throwing his body around like I had hoped...and make more passes tape to tape.....and hit the net for cripe sakes...played like they were during the slump...maybe being on the road will take some pressure off for whatever reason that is...would like to see them lock in a spot and play Kemper to see if they guy even still has it.

But in all seriousness. Yeo needs to work the refs more. He stands there stone faced for 90% of the game and then when he actually says something, the refs don't seem to respond well. It seems like we've been getting the short end of the calls the last few games.

But the league wants a close playoff race, right? Ok I'm not much of a conspiracy guy so disregard that. I would really enjoy seeing the Kings at the links real soon.

A slump for the Wild was almost inevetible. Better pull out of it real soon though and clinch that spot. Team worked its A%$ off and got it to this point, might as well actually put ourselves in the playoffs.

Even if Wild lose last 3 (which is plausible) and Flames win tonight against AZ (and they should win) Flames will then finish with 2 straight losses against King and Jets so they will come up one point short of the Wild.

But in all seriousness. Yeo needs to work the refs more. He stands there stone faced for 90% of the game and then when he actually says something, the refs don't seem to respond well. It seems like we've been getting the short end of the calls the last few games.

Whole team needs to do this. Clearly Suter got on the wrong side of the linesmen the other day. Yeo looks like he's always pi$$ed at the refs and I'm guessing it wears thin on them game after game. Maybe a little more respect to the refs would yield a couple more PPs...or better yet for us fewer PKs!

Gutty win for Wild. 2 words.....Devan Dubnyk. Looks like Kings won't make it...must win against Oilers last night and they stumble....good to see Jets win, they deserve to get in this year IMO and nice to have a close rival to possibly play....or support.

Playoffs!!!!!

Love to see LA miss as well, both the jets and flames can now clinch with 2 points in their last two games.

Another random thought, Brodin doesn't know what it's like to miss the playoffs! grin

Random is an understatement, you pull out the JD after the win last night Bear? grin

Been hitting the JD hard during the losing streak, now that we won I can sober up again, it's been a long week. wink

Zucker and Stewart gelling a bit. Good to see them on the bench laughing it up after that goal. I've got to say, I did not like the Stewart trade initially but like the Bergenheim trade. I was way off!

Still, I don't think we will keep Stewart into next year. If he has a beast performance, someone will pay him like ANA on Stoner and we won't be able to match it.

Still, I don't think we will keep Stewart into next year. If he has a beast performance, someone will pay him like ANA on Stoner and we won't be able to match it.

I agree, Stewart is pretty weak on his skates, big up top but must have toothpick legs. If we can sign him at reasonable level OK....if not then I'd pass on him too. With that being said....a "beast performance" in the playoffs would change my mind as well but I don't see it coming...hope I am wrong.

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact Stewart has in the playoffs. Not the kind of player we've usually had, and one I will be watching with a lot of interest when the intensity ramps up.

I hope he does manage to stay next year, although I agree if he gets a Stoner-type-out-of-this-world deal we will have to pass.

St Louis or Nashville? Although we've played well in St Louis recently, I'd still rather play Nashville in round 1. Guess we may help determine the outcome as we have games against both left.

I doubt Stewart sticks around unless its for a one year deal or we ship off some young talent. Dubs, Spurgie, Granlund, Dumba and Zucker will need new contracs soon and signing Steward to any kind of term means we probably don't have room for all of them. He has been great but might be a true rental at this point.

Man did I cringe when I saw Zucker go into the boards last night. He went into them HEAVY! I thought for sure he reinjured himself, but he popped back out there the next shift and netting a goal in his first game back.

Awesome to have him back in the lineup!

I really like having Leopold with Dumba vs having Prosser in the lineup. It seems those two really compliment each other really well.

Lets go after the road record streak! If we win in Nashville that will tie the all time streak set by Detroit. If we win out its a record! That would be something. Never would have guessed a Wild team would struggle at home like they have and play so consistent on the road.

I agree to a certain point with Stewart, but the wild need a player like him with his size and ability to rack up a few points too. Sure we can't keep them all but he has been a pretty decent pick up. Who's left to defend our little guy's, Cooke, Carter ha ha... that's funny. Physical hockey gets you deep in the playoffs, I'll be surprised of our little guy's make it through it all.