• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Yeah, I think we cheer for Chicago tonight. It would be cool to get that 3rd spot (4th overall) in the Division, but since they are playing LA and they are currently on the outside, we want them pushed further down.

The depth of forwards have been brought up a few times and that is a great thing. Who would have guess a 4 goal night from Koivu's line? Its great to see that balanced scoring. For several games it was the Vanek/Fontaine/Coyle combo, then Koivu/Stewart/Nino and before that the 4th line was tearing it up. Its great to see. The dominance Koivu's line had against LA was very impressive.

Nice to see Shroeder getting some time. Hopefully Brodz can come back healthy because that 4th line was really going when they were all together.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not the worst loss. The Rangers are the real deal and if Lundqvist gets hot they could win it...

Oh well there sime positives tonight..

Yep, move on to Detroit and give them a solid beating, they haven't been good lately.

Agreed not the worst lose. Dubnyk gave up a couple that he normally doesn't, and we couldn't stay out of the box. Two worst penalties in hockey IMO the delay of game and 4 min double major for blood.

Officiating seemed a little one sided though, there were multiple plays that could have been called against NY and that call on Vanek was soft. And what was up with Suter just loafing back on the icing plays. I still that one at the end of the game should've been icing, but that's what he gets for not going back hard at that puck.

The Rangers are the real deal and if Lundqvist gets hot they could win it...

Really...a team from the East? grin JK and I agree, they have the size, speed and a hot goalie...similar to LA last year at this time...with playoffs just around the corner let the fun begin...and if Dubnyk stays hot no telling how for the Wild will go...and what an awesome story that would be!!

I see the Rangers coming out of the east.....and we will take them out in game 6.
I wouldn't break out the champaign quite yet, although Vegas has us favored pretty high coming out of the west. As long as our smaller players can take the beating of playoff hockey we should be able to skate with most of them.

So, what's better:

First round vs ANA but facing a weaker Pacific in the 2nd and 3rd

First round vs NSH but facing a tougher central in the 2nd and 3rd

It's a tough call IMO. Anaheim would be tough for us.

Fork Update......well I never did pull the fork out of the Wild...it just fell out on its own before I could find it and pull it out....kinda made me feel bad wink

As far as playoffs I'm not ready to pick a winner yet...too much can happen yet with matchups but Wild have good as chance as any to come out of the West....especially if they get Zucker back...... but for Wild everything rests on Dubs IMO.

They are basically a lock for the playoffs at 99.4%. They will need to step up their game though it just seemed like they weren't skating very hard last night. Had plenty of chances for the extra point in the shoot out the one with Fontain drove me nuts he had a wide open net if he would have just lifted the puck.

Yep need a better all around effort or the Jets and Preds will steamroll us. We are in a good spot right now but nothing is locked in yet. Jets are playing for their lives right now, we need to match their desperation and see if we can't find that extra gear we had against LA and Calgary.

Home disadvantage is right! Last game at the X for the season and they can't put together a better effort?? At least try to get focused and make some passes! Both teams looked sloppy last night, about the only difference was Jets physical play. And again some missed calls from the zebras. Honestely if Scandella put Wheeler in a sleeper hold in front of the Wild net, he probably would have been ejected and suspended for 5 games. But the Jets do the same to Vanek and its just play on....

The last 3 games remind me of the beginning of the downslide earlier this year. Passes off just a touch and the inability to finish the few chances they do get. Frustrating to watch, but the difference is a good goaltender and the beginning of the playoffs which should get some blood moving. If they can't get up for these last 3 games (basically each a 1 game playoff series) it will just go down as another dissapointing Minnesota sports franchise.