• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Aside from that, some of the plays he has made in the last several games, including some real jaw droppers against the Isles, he has totally proven he belongs in the NHL.

smile Like I said long ago...the Kid has serious skills and will get better every game up in the bigs...just wish it would have been sooner...but better late than never. I agree with the "high" shots issue too...but you go with what got you there and hopefully with maturity and more play he'll get that taste of a Vanek, Parise, or whomever tipping in an on-ice shot and realize there is a time and place for each...overall I think his accuracy is above avg. And just a little more top end speed and paired with a stay at home partner and he'll eventually be going coast-to-coast and ripping shots/goals IMO. #BrentBurns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumba is only 20. I don't see him progressing slowly at all. If anything he may be ahead of some of his peers. Love the shot the kid has, though mixing in some low ones would be great too.

Yeah, you're right. Dumba's development took the biggest step in his trade from Red Deer to Portland (I think?).
Correct. Its easy for us to think they are in "Iowa" when they aren't up with the NHL squad, but his was a unique scenario due to his age.

I will give you some leeway this once. LOL

Love what I am seeing from Dumba at age 20, just imagine what he could be from age 23-30. We shouldn't get our hopes up too high because a lot of D have started out hot and then faded away but the kid has a certain mojo that is for sure. With his style no doubt he is going to us some goals in the long run but I think he more than makes up for it at the other end.

I think we have no worries in dumba, the kid has so much potential in him. I agree with the poster on the last page that we need more net crashers. i think thats vital when we are going up against the hot goaltenders. And I hope that shroeder gets to play every game even if its a split. He was the only player matching the islanders intensity. I think he may be what we need in the playoffs. Would also like to see grandlund step it up, does not seem to be there since his injury or am I just nuts

Not nutz, Granlund has been very much OK this year and that isn't a compliment. Coyle overall has been the same but has stepped it up lately. Grandlund is always showing us flashes and clearly has more skill than Coyle but they both need to find that next level. Hope to see a repeat from last years playoffs from all the youngsters, that is IF we get in, still too tight to say but we will know a whole lot more on Sunday.

maybe the two biggest games of the year this weekend. Calgary and LA in back to backs at home. we need to get our home game mojo working, as these games may determine who's in or who's out in the playoffs. we win both games in regulation, it looks solid for the wild, if we lose either, it is nail bittin' time. should be some good hockey to watch.

That was a pretty solid 60 minute effort there, loving this team we have! My only complaint is Vanek could be at 25 goals if he could score on a break away, I swear he has missed a dozen this year. I'm also starting to have visions of a 4th line consisting of Zucker Haula and Schroeder and them causing absolute nightmares for other teams. It is temping to put Zucker higher but the other lines have some chemistry right now.

Yup add Zucker back to this team and they are very scary. Gotta remember he was arguably playing better than anyone on the team prior to his injury.

Sure would be nice to catch Chicago, but either way it's not gonna make much of a difference on who we play. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, and then 2 and 3 play each other from each division. So we stay in the wildcard position we get either St. Louis, Nashville or Anaheim. We catch Chicago for 3rd we get Nashville or St. Louis.

Anyways big game tonight against a team right in front of us, although we have 5 more points then them haha.

Yep doesn't even matter who we draw, it's not going to be easy and you have to beat best to have any hope so lets just secure a spot and get this baby going. With Dubs an the way the boys are playing my longtime death sentence of a St Louis draw isn't as scary any more, they are still my last choice but we can hang with them.

Not to be Danny Downer but Zucker has exactly 3 more assist on the entire season than Dubnyk Had in his 1st 10 games with the Wild...lol...5 Zucker and 2 for Doobs.

Not saying we dont miss his goal scoring and penalty kill but I wasnt all that worried his departure was the end of the world as some were suggesting.

Just get a point tonite so we can start resting a few guys before the big grind starts.

this has been an impressive ride, imagine where we'd be with solid goal tending earlier in the year, or even average a couple wins here or there and we'd be in the upper 90 point totals.

I really like this Stewart the way he has stepped in for this team, taking on that guy from Colorado right off the start and mixing it up with Nolan last night who was all tough roughing Nino but a complete wuss when Stewart got there. I'll take Stewart all day over Cooke now

Agreed on Stewart, not only being tough, he has a pretty good scoring touch to boot. The only pick up I'm not sure about is Bergenheim, I foresee him doing a lot of sitting when Zuck and or brodz is ready to return. Having a lot of depth this time of year is a good problem to have.

That was the week that I thought might break us. 4 games in 6 days. Double back to backs. I really thought that LAK game would get mailed in. Clearly the Wild had some tired legs, but they kept to their game and only gave up one in a tough second period. Third they really got their second wind and put it away...on the PP no less laugh

BTW right now we play Nashville in the 1st round. That would be very good for us.

Hawks score with .30 left and hop back into 3rd, they still have a game in hand but it should be an interesting one with the Kings. Nice to have a touch of breathing room after 2 big wins, 5 points up on the Jets, 6 on Calgary and 7 on LA. Another win or two and we should be good to go, maybe not a mathimatical lock but in excellent shape.