• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

If that's true bb that's a big gamble for parise. We all realize these guys have cash to go around but for a player to just hand over some property in Edina so management and ownership can see how parise feels about a certain player is either:I have could care less about an investment or this guy needed a more permanent place to stay other than my basement.

Think you nailed it both ways...Parise could care less and he did need a more permanent roof over his head. Dubs is in for a big pay day from us or elsewhere soon so my guess he will "pay it forward" some day...seems like that sort of person.

Excerpt on story: So Parise took an Edina home he purchased from Nick Schultz off the market and gave Dubnyk a “very good deal. It was just sitting there, so might as well,” the Wild winger said, laughing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't hear stories like that in football. I am sure Dubnyk is a reasonable enough guy to know how good he has it but is smart enough to not get taken at the same time. He will be signed for a good deal for both sides. That's how Chuck rolls.

Excerpt on story: So Parise took an Edina home he purchased from Nick Schultz off the market and gave Dubnyk a “very good deal. It was just sitting there, so might as well,” the Wild winger said, laughing.

I do property maintenance work for him at both his houses and yea he had moved out of the one in Edina last fall. Just glad I don't have to go there anymore, gated drive right on busy road it was a pain to get into new place is much better.

Good to see them stacking up some more points!

That game seemed a little slow. They seemed to play down to Torontos level. As long as they can turn it back up tonight, everything is good. But like Bear said, 2 points is 2 points this time of year, especially with the Jets playing well.

I wasn't surprised at all by the game last night. We do play down to TOR.

If that Parise story is true, wow what a gesture by Parise. I have to think that the Wild and Duby get it done for a mutually good deal this summer...hopefully right after our season ends some time in June wink

Yeah for sure wasn't there best game last night, but we'll take 2 points however we can get them at this point.

Another tough one tonight. Schroeder back in the lineup for an injured Brodziak, I look for a good game out of him.

So bb.....who's side you on tonight. If you have your Isles jersey on I hope you have your wild blanket over it..lol. It's definitely going to be a test for the boys tonight, we'll see if they have anything left in the tank come the 3rd.

So bb.....who's side you on tonight. If you have your Isles jersey on I hope you have your wild blanket over it..lol. It's definitely going to be a test for the boys tonight, we'll see if they have anything left in the tank come the 3rd.

LOL...Pulling for Wild tonight...Islanders are securely in...and Wild still battling...gonna be a fun one for sure and a rough one I expect.

Wild will win the Cup this year. This is the best team in hockey. Like Yeo said after the game this team has incredible character. We roll into town at 3 in the morning and get completely outplayed to start the game by one of the better teams in the game and it just does not matter. Best penalty kill in the NHL, a goalie that is on fire, and some great young playmakers. I'm not sure about you guys but I'm getting ready for the parade.....

Talk about a barrage in the first period. The Isles sure came out ready but the Wild weathered the storm and came out of it unscathed. Even the goal the Isles did get could have had goal tender interference, but oh well. Not to worry its the ice water in their veins Wild that all they do is come back from a deficit to win the game. These guys don't lose games on the road. 10 in a row? I NEVER would have thought this team could do that. At home? Sure, the home ice has been good to them over the years, but 10 in a row on the road with some back to backs in there is very impressive.

The Jets lost so that gave us even more breathing room. Its a fun run sure making it interesting down the stretch here. They naysayers said "they don't beat the elite teams". Well, what have they done? Beat St Louis IN St Louis (where they never win), then beat them again at home and beat the Isles on the road which is a tough place to play as well.

Impressive feat.

The cup? In still just hoping they can get in the playoffs! Not that I don't think they will, but wow every team around them just keeps winning. Pretty crazy the run they've been on and still only hold a spot by 3 points.

Next two games are huge we can really give ourselves some breathin room with a couple of wins or really make things tense with a couple of losses.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for the "Cup Talk" but I agree we have to get in though but our chances are increasing with each passing game.

We are comfortably in 7th place and need two teams to pass us. Basically aside from LA winning all of their last games and we go under .500 the rest of the way I don't see that happening. It certainly could, but I getting more confident.

The points could change a lot before the wild play again because they are off for a few days.

The run this team has been on since the All Star Break, if they did that in the playoffs they would have won the cup. The big thing is not losing two in a row.

2 points courtesy of Dubs and Parise with a little help from Halak in the shootout. I'm not entirely thrilled with out overall play lately but these back to backs are killer and we seem to be on a strech of never ended b2b games.

Tiny bit of breathing room in the standsing this morning thanks to Vancouver taking care of Winnepeg last night. Might be time to take the Canucks off the worry list because they are going to lock up one of the top 3 spots in the west. Just a matter of us staying ahead of the Jets, LA & Flames and we good. An we just so happy to have 2 huge back to back games against LA and Calgary in the menu, need to take one of those games for sure.

LA is only 2 points behind Winnipeg with a game in hand and a cupcake schedule. So I see those 2 battling for the final spot to the end of their schedule.

We have a small cush, but not an easy team left on our schedule. Circle those games against Winnipeg and LA. There will be desperation in the air for sure.

And please, no more talkie-talk about the large silver vessel that can hold liquids that happens to have names printed all over it. Gosh, I would not even discuss such matters when we are in the playoffs, which we most assuredly are not smile I will take a win any which way we can at this point, pretty or not.

I'll stick with my prediction that us and LA get in. WPG blew a 2-0 lead last night for a 5-2 loss. That's more in line with what I expected from them in the last 15 games.

BTW - Wild signed Downing from UNH (college FA). The guy is nearly a PPG player on a marginal team. From a couple highlights I saw, it looks like he's a drive-the-net kind of player. Hopefully he turns out to be more of a Folin than a Wellman wink

Don't forget about Calgary... Calgary and LA are tied for 3rd in the Pacific and both 2 points behind Winnipeg with a game in hand for the 2nd wild card spot. LA has the cupcake schedule to finish, Calgary is average, and the Jet's schedule is as tough as ours. Winnipeg needs to hold off one of these two teams to get in... I predict it's LA and Winnipeg with the Jets beating the Flames on the last game of their seasons to clinch the 2nd wild card.

Absent of a complete meltdown, I think the Wild are pretty safe. Vancouver, Winnipeg, LA, Calgary... We're ahead of all of them and 3 out of the 4 need to pass us for us not to make the playoffs.

Top 3 teams in the Pac Div make it in. We and the Jets only have to beat out the loser of the Pac Div 3rd spot race and 5 Central teams will make in. If the Jets continue the way they have, they will make the 8 spot. Hopefully they do. I would rather see Dustin "d bag" Brown golfing this April and every other one for the rest of his career.

Currently, it's looking like 97pts will be needed to make it in. We are on track for just under 101.

BTW - Preseason I predicted we would finish with 105pts I believe. grin

No surprise to me that we won again on the road.

Getting in at 3am after playing the night before is tough but we weathered the Isle onslaught in the 1st.

Similar to our last back to back against St Louis except we turned it around in the 2nd period versus the Isle and it took until the 3rd against and much better Blues team.

Speaking of predictions looks like my prediction that we miss the playoffs on the last day of season is not going to happen.

Think I said 18 goals for Vanek so close on that one too.

Great to see Schroeder back and still playing well. Hope he can stay in the lineup.

Go Wild!

OnAFly, I hope that Downing is that gritty in front of the guy. I think that is what is missing on the powerplay. They are all circling around the perimeter and hardly ever have somebody in front of the net. It seems that teams that are good on the power play have a good net presence. It's not good when Parise is the best guy the Wild have at crashing the net.

That's definitely Parise's office, but he never gets those chances on the PP because we can never get shots to the net with Suter and Pommer on the points. Hopefully that will improve with Dumba up top. Coyle was supposed to be that guy too. He still can be as he's only 22yo or so. Still lots of time to grow into the player he can be.

Sounds like he'll likely start in Iowa and probably play there for at least a year. Good move I think. Look at how Dumba progressed from his first stint as a Wild to his current form after a year in Iowa. Scandella too. Not saying he'll grow to that extent, but it's the right environment to let it happen.

Dumba has certainly progressed, but it wasn't really to do as much to time in Iowa I don't think since he really only played there part of this season. Previous years he was sent back to play in the WHL.

He does have a big time shot, but he needs to get it on net with more consistency and keep it down more so A) someone doesn't get killed from his own team and B) it can be more easily tipped by someone in front.

Aside from that, some of the plays he has made in the last several games, including some real jaw droppers against the Isles, he has totally proven he belongs in the NHL.