• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Quote:
And you saying AGAIN that only 1 or 2 teams from the East would even sniff the playoffs in the west over the last 4 years is utterly ridiculous

Thats not what I said... again.

Its ok bb that you think 6 or 7 teams from the east would make the playoffs.

Being that my prediction of 2 is the most insane preposterous thing you've ever heard in your life it cant be 3 or 4 so it must be 6,7 or 8.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not what I said... again.

Its ok bb that you think 6 or 7 teams from the east would make the playoffs.

Being that my prediction of 2 is the most insane preposterous thing you've ever heard in your life it cant be 3 or 4 so it must be 6,7 or 8.

Here's your quote copied and pasted..... can't hide from it Pier:

"1 maybe 2 teams from the East even sniff the playoffs in the west. This has been the case for about 4 years now."

Even though your good at it try and dance around that one now Pier.

And don't put words in my mouth for cripe sake Pier...I never ever said 6 or 7 teams from the east would make the playoffs...boy you stoop pretty low. From year to year IMO the top 4 in each Conference are the best 8 in the NHL...can an 8 seed beat a 1 seed absolutely and LA has proven that...good parity in the NHL overall and that is a good thing. Do I think the West has been stronger lately...yes...but I am not narrow minded enough to think only 1 or 2 teams in the East would make the top 8 in the West.

Thank you for correcting your original mis quote of what I actually said And quoting the actually text. Both separate sentences this time...lol.

Anyway it appears we are a tired hockey team right now. Thats the problem when you dig yourself a hole in the standings like the Wild did.

Its tough mentally and physically to play at desperation level for this long Of a time.

I think the grind is starting to show a little.

I cannot help but fantasize about what it would be like to have Ovie in a Christmas Colored sweater.

That guy can score.

For the record, I am blaming last night's loss on my wife who decided it would be a good idea to wear my Wild jersey to school yesterday. Total jinx.

Pretty sure you could cut your wife some slack, I think the refs did more damage in that game then her sporting your jersey at school. LOL

The last few games have been an officiating nightmare, how on earth does a team in the NHL today go 113 minutes without a penalty call in their favor? It sure isn't from lack of infractions to call in the first place.

Until we clinch a spot or are out every game is the biggest game of the year. Pretty much everyone but Vancouver picked up 2 points on us yesterday and the Canucks have a game in hand. Huge HUGE game Saturday, we need to keep this rediculous pace up.

Pretty sure you could cut your wife some slack, I think the refs did more damage in that game then her sporting your jersey at school. LOL

The last few games have been an officiating nightmare, how on earth does a team in the NHL today go 113 minutes without a penalty call in their favor? It sure isn't from lack of infractions to call in the first place.

I was at the game last night, I was wondering if anyone else noticed the lack of calls for the wild or if I was just seeing things. I did wonder how a stick to the skate/shins is high sticking... but hey.

It also appeared the wild forgot how to pass, and not turn the puck over in the defensive zone (Brodin should get an assist for the Kuznetsov goal).

One more thing... ovechkin is really good at scoring goals. Wow. That goal he had off the face-off in the 3rd period was a laser.

I did wonder how a stick to the skate/shins is high sticking... but hey.

That was a pathetic call and Ovie should have gotten an embellishment for that. No where near his head. We did get a PPG goal last night though. Somehow we ended up with 3 power plays, but I only remember 1. Must have been the Coors Light mixed with Cold Medicine. LOL

Quote:
It also appeared the wild forgot how to pass, and not turn the puck over in the defensive zone (Brodin should get an assist for the Kuznetsov goal).

how does an NHL Dman make a play like that??!!??!!?? I already have a bias against Brodin for his soft style but that move he made was one of the dumbest plays of the year. It ended up costing us points too.

The passing was horrendous at the beginning of the game and for most of the third period.

That was pretty uncharacteristic of Brodin. Also, if we're looking at who's costing us points, Dumba has a couple silver platter dishes to the other team in our zone which led to goals too. On the otehr hand, there have been a few instances where Brodin's shot blocking, puck stripping, or heads up passing have have directly kept out the puck out of our net.

Brodin got a little too cute in front of the net, nice move to beat the first guy but then got his pocket picked from behind. Not worried about him at all, he has been great all year, even the best of the best screw up from time to time.

When I saw the brodin play live I was wondering what the heck are you doing!!!??? Then I saw the replay from another angle and had the puck not ended up in his skates he would have never made that move. Bad bounce bad timing and it burned us.

the wild will not make the playoffs until they can win at home. I look forward to road trips now, as they are so much better on the road.

if they do make the playoffs, it looks good for the wild since they will play most of there games on the road.

still there is no excuse to play as they have at home, geez they got beat by Edmonton at home.

we have more home games over road games remaining so they better get this squared away.

Stewart is starting to grow on me, kind of like what he brings to the team. Would be cool if we could get him to stick around a few more seasons at a reasonable price.

Also Dumba more ice time than Suter against the Blues, ya it was only 1 second grin but this is a good thing. Not that any of our D are going to get more ice time than Suter on a consistent basis but there is no way we can ride him 30 minute a night without consequences.

Hard not to be excited about the Wild right now, everyone is playing well and guys are stepping up. I think in any normal year we would have a comfortable playoff cushion right now but man everyone is winning, even LA could miss and I can't imagine the other teams would be too upset about that.

How silly is the schedule for the next 5 games.

@Toronto tonight

@Islanders Tomorrow

wed off

thurs off

Friday Home against the Flames

Saturday Home against the Kings.

So 2 back to backs in a week, oh yeah and after the game against the Kings we are off until Thursday.

We kinda got jobbed in the final 15 game schedule.

We are not good in Toronto lately. Hopefully we turn that around tonight. Oh, and I believe Nazem "run the goalie" Kadri is still suspended tonight for trying to decapitate a guy with his elbow. That guy has got to be the most reckless player in the NHL.

I cannot stand that Kadri character either.

That is a wacky schedule to the games, but if that keeps us healthy I will be glad! :-)

I don't like playing in Toronto either, but at the same time the Wild hadn't done well in Dallas, St Louis, etc this year and they managed to pretty much own the Stars (except for one cough cough game) and pulled out a roadie in St Louis. This team has proven they can beat just about anyone. Toronto really has nothing to play for, but that doesn't mean they will hang up the skates. Need these two tonight because the Isles are certainly not going to be an easy matchup.

Agree with you there schmitty..leafs have lost 10 of last 12 and 5 in a row....with us motivated for point separation it should be a laugher IMO...but anything can happen.

Did you guys see Parise gave Dubnyk that house in Edina he had purchased from Nick Schultz...heard thru the vine he sold it to Dubnyk for a Buck...pretty good indication that Parise wants ownership/management to get him locked up.

If that's true bb that's a big gamble for parise. We all realize these guys have cash to go around but for a player to just hand over some property in Edina so management and ownership can see how parise feels about a certain player is either:I have could care less about an investment or this guy needed a more permanent place to stay other than my basement.