• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
woodsmanmn

2010 Honda Rancher Battery

I'm having problems with my honda rancher batteries having enough power for starting. The battery I replaced was getting to be four years old, so I figured it was time. But I've tried two different new batteries that meet the specs in the owners manual, but they have a hard time cranking it over, and then fail to crank at all. My volt meter says the batteries are putting out 12.5 volts. Anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting.

Have your starter tested. My brother had a truck that, when the starter was going bad (he went through several), would draw an insane amount of amps to turn over.

Update, the solenoid was clicking, the battery showed good voltage. Jumping from the battery to bypass the solenoid only made sparks, no crank from the starter. Took it in and yes, the start is bad.