• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need cell phone help

mnguy152

Need new cell phone provider. I have tmobile and they anit doing it for me any more between the drop call and no service I am done. NOw was thinking of going to ATT. But where u guys have the best luck to get best deal? As in go to like a target and get a 1 cent phone with 2 contract, web store or call. thanks you guys are great

Depends on how fussy you are about the phone you get. We have normally just went to the big box store got the $1 - $50 and the 2 year contract. I guy I work with gets a month to month contract and buys his phones outright. But he likes to have the latest and greatest and just can't wait 2 years for his contract to expire.

Depends on what you want and willing to go through.

I dropped Verizon a few months ago and went to AT&T. I got into it with a manager from Verizon over a copy of an online conversation I had, two different people quoted me different prices and at the end of the online chat, it asked if you would like a copy, I said yes and it didn't send me a copy. The manager told me he could see the conversation, but couldn't send it to me because it was "proprietary information", I said talk, use you phone and take a picture if you can't send it to me and obviouly he wouldn't. So, I said you just lost 4 phones and a customer that's been with you since the bag phone days and hung up on him. Long story short, I switched to AT&t, bought my phones online at the "bay" site and no contract. Saved myself $40+ per month. But, I'm not real impressed with the signal strength from cities to up north.

I get good att voice on the water. At my cabin not so good since there is a hill between me and cook, where the tower is. If you cabin has a bank in back of you it might be same problem. (I can't tell which place is yours when I go by, you need a big wooden cigar on the dock for identification)

I dropped contract carriers two years ago and am much happier now. First tried one of the non contract pay by the minute carriers and as soon as I left my home area no more signal. Finally ended up with the AARP endorsed phone and it works for me. So far I have only found one place in the US where I had no signal. That was between Mesa and Payson AZ. Service will be pretty spotty in the mountains with any carrier though. If your a heavy data user it's probably not the phone for you, but voice and text cannot be beat, plus customer service is second to none.

verizon's cell coverage is probably the best, i dropped my contract and went with a pay as you go plan with verizon, 1GB of data, unlimited text, calls for 50/month. you have to buy your own phone i just bought a iphone 4 for a 100 bucks. Verizon's customer service is horrendous though....

verizon's cell coverage is probably the best, i dropped my contract and went with a pay as you go plan with verizon, 1GB of data, unlimited text, calls for 50/month. you have to buy your own phone i just bought a iphone 4 for a 100 bucks. Verizon's customer service is horrendous though....

Funny, I've used all the carriers over the years and had had almost zero issues with Verizon's customer service. Att, cingular, Tmobile and straight talk all had significant issues for us.

you are lucky borch, when i transferred to the prepaid plan i spent 5 hours on the phone with them. I think it had to do with the fact the prepaid is fairly new and the reps had zero experience with helping, i had to read them the information on their web site.