• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Banging lures into stuff

DAD-N-EYE

Read an article on banging your lure into stuff like banging your tube into a dock and not trying to miss the poles. Or if you fish a lake with stumps try to run your buzz bait or spinnerbait into the stump or log. The reasoning for this is that when your tube hits the pole of the dock it deflects and has the appearance of a wounded baitfish, and for the bang it just gets the attention of the bass. The same goes for bouncing off logs of stumps. I thought that it was interesting because I have always tried to miss the poles of docks, thinking that it would scare the fish. This works more for when the fish are not in a biting mood because it causes more of a reaction stike for the fish. I guess that this makes good sence to me.

Dad-n-eye

I read that article too, however, I have seen the fish scatter in ultra-clear/cold water when you do this. If the lake is gin-clear and heavily fished, the results tend to be a little different. I'm sure many of you would agree. smile.gif

I totally agree. I live on rush lake and if you know it can get pretty green. The only time you can see bottom off the dock is from ice out to a couple of weeks after the walleye opener. So it probaly is going to work pretty good out here.

Dad-n-eye