• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you all laughed at me when I said we should trade this guy a couple years ago.

Looks like AD has a thing for the vanilla judging by the kids leg. Wonder if Rev Al and JJ will show up to protest??

I got no problem with smackin your kids once in a while, but this seems to go beyond. I am sure good ole Roger Godell is gonna get this one right and all will be forgotten about a washed up loser like RR.

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

Yep, washed the kid's mouth out with soap once, purposely and repeatedly went verbally pycho on him once, potched him on the head a couple times, and no way am claiming parent of the year gold star awards, but really? Yes, do think Baby momma payday syndrome might be in play here, but if your child came back sporting this for pushing your sibling off a bike?

full-27018-49060-adrian_peterson_indicte

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

If the marks left are not excessive to you, what would be? Would it take a broken bone for you to question Peterson's behavior.

I agree with both bigsam and Lmit on both points. I really believe he was just disciplining his kids the way he was as a child...maybe the only way he knew how. He admitted he did it and I'm sure he'll take full responsibility for his actions moving forward...and the consequenses of said actions.

I think different regions in our country will look at this in completely different ways....

Was watching Espn and they reported these pix may be 5 - 7 days after the so called whooping. IF that is true then it's hard to argue that it wasn't way excessive. A four year old can be properly spanked with a bare hand if needed. No need to make a child that age, or any age for that matter to have to take off pants and underwear to expose bare skin to a switch. To say any kind of punishment less than that is being wussy is just wrong IMO.

Ray Rice gets suspended indefinitely by the NFL for assaulting a woman. I would assume the NFL has to send down the same punishment for Adrian Peterson. Disciplining a child is one thing but using a switch on a child of any age let alone a child at the age of 4 is abuse no matter what race religion you are or upbringing you had. They still have to convict him though before any kind of sanctions are placed on him reguarding his football career.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/ I was against him until I read all of that article. Sounds to me he shouldn't be arrested or kicked out of the NFL. He was punishing his kid and although it was a bit much if he is telling the full honest truth its not too bad. The part that gets me is what the kid said... If AP did do what the kid said then I have some problems with it.