• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Destiny

DTro

Anyone pick this one up yet? I RedBoxed it the other night. I had a lot of fun with it the couple of nights I had it but not sure I will buy it. Think of it as an RGP, meets a first person shooter meets an MMO. It feels like its something I would really have to put too much time in it to enjoy it fully and I’m really not a big fan of all the mini leveling up (shoes, gloves, chest armor ect). Sure it’s a goal to strive for and I know people really get into MMO’s, but I really just like jumping into a straight up team deathmatch and while you can do it with this game it’s a very confusing format when it comes to matchmaking and gametype and equal balance of skills and level.

What I really liked most about it was the coop missions. I imagine it would be a lot of fun with friends. There are couple of odd things though that frustrated me. While in a mission, there is no way to pause the game, you basically either stand there and die, or back out of the game. The other thing I didn’t like is that the mission is balanced for the number of people playing which makes sense, but when dumb people join in and/or drop out, you have a lot harder battle on your hands. I’d like to be able to do a private solo mission to keep out the riff raff.

From things I’ve read and seen, they expect this game to be the biggest of the year with over $500 million sold or ordered already.

If you like Halo, I think you would really like this game, it feels a lot like Halo.

I've heard it is also a mix of Borderlands which is Awesome to me. Still don't think I'll get it yet as I've really pretty much cut out all videogames. I guess come talk to me in January though.