• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A good place to shoot shotguns?

Sy

I am trying to figure out the best way to help my brother(40 yrs old) get some practice shooting a shotgun before his first pheasant hunting trip he is taking this fall. He has never even shot a gun before and being I have been hunting for 20 plus years he wanted to know if I would show him a few things and if we could go shoot somewhere.

I have lots of places in Northern MN where I usually hunt where I could do this type of thing but I am looking to do it close to home in the NE metro. I don't think you can do random shooting at a place like Carlos Avery so all I could come up with was going to a gun club. I kind of wanted to just have him shoot a gun to get used to it before doing trap or anything but not sure that is possible.

Anyone have any good ideas or places that I could take him relatively close to the NE Metro (Forest Lake area)?

Thanks for the good ideas. I had thought of Metro gun club and Forest Lake so might just end up going there. I had not thought of just asking someone to shoot in a field so I might consider that. Thanks for the replies.