• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Numerous e-mail accts

harvey lee

I want to have 2 e-mail accounts and my provider is Mediacom.

I can have 2 but I have to log in to each one to check e-mails. Rather not have to log into each one each time I want to check my e-mails.

Is it possible to have 2 accts and be able to read e-mails from either acct without logging into another account? Open e-mail, read all e-mails received from either address is what I would like to happen.

With Mediacom, I can have up t0 11 e-mail accounts but you have to have a username and password for each e-mail address and then log in and out to read them, is there another way so one can do this without logging in and out all the time?

Any help would be great.

I know that Outlook will allow you to have more than one account setup at once and it will hold all the log in details. The email client which is part of Microsoft Essentials will do that also. MS Essentials.

And it looks like Mozilla Thunderbird does too.

Thunderbird.

There is most likely more that will too.

Maybe a little off topic but I'm curious. What is the advantage of two email accounts with the same email client such as Gmail?

I use 3: my old college email for formal personal business (job applications and other important things), a general email that handles most personal matters (online shopping, ebills, etc), and one I don't care about that is used for most sign ups so the other 2 don't get flooded with spam.

Maybe a little off topic but I'm curious. What is the advantage of two email accounts with the same email client such as Gmail?

Same as with others. I use one for bills, one for online/forums/registrations, and one for friends and family/personal email. The second one helps quite a bit to keep the spam down in the personal email account.

Reason I am looking at 2 e-mail accounts, I am running for city council and if elected, I would like to have another acct just for city business and the other for my personal acct away from city business.

Does your city have any rule about official email?

Harvey - if you have a smartphone then you can read emails from all of your accounts that way as well. I've got 3 work email accounts and about 5 accounts that are either personal or for various organizations that I run. It's nice that I can hit the Email button on my phone and see if any new messages pop up on the accounts that I rarely use. That way I never need to log into an account, but just casually look at all of the accounts.