• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BuckSutherland

Trolling line

What line do you guys like to use for pulling rapalas for walleyes?? I was to Leech over the weekend and did ok using 12/30 fireline, but I want to use some lighter stuff. Went down to some 6/14 fireline now, but wondering if there is something better.

I run only suffix 832 in 10# for long lining cranks, sticks. For pulling with boards I run 12# Siege or Superior and at times Big game because I had a huge filler spool I got cheap. All very good monos.

Been catchin eyes and pike all summer with 10/2 power pro slick with a 12# fluorocarbon leader

I have switched almost exclusively to braid, even when pulling boards. It doesn't work as well as mono, but it works well enough...and I don't have to dedicate two (or more) rods solely to pulling planers.

I use 20/8 fireline, 10# mono and lead core. It all depends on how many rods and how I want to do it as to what method I will use. Snap weights, inline weights and guppies are also used to get lures deep.