• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any changes in ION Augers?

Hawg

Can't say I do, and sorry to jump your thread, but got a kick out of this the other day. Jump to about 2:10 in the first vid where this nascar on ice dude "struggles" with it. Hope he is not on the recalibration/improvement/recomendation team.....would honestly value Katie's advice over his wink Personally would like to see a better switch set up, a starter point in the blade bracket, and possibly a few more inches/snort.....was getting close to not fishing last late winter.

That video is soooo wrong in soooo many areas!30 holes from a Strike Master and less than 20 from an Ion? There are many, many posts on here from happy Ion owners to reinforce their quality. The drill plate is very innovative and quality product but they have different uses. I'd love to have one but I just don't want a 6 inch hole in my house. I just don't understand why they want to bash Ion all the time. Two quality products for 2 different uses.

Still laughing about that term "NASCAR On Ice Dude"

Anyone else notice how much of an angle he's drill with the ion? Probably be a little faster if both blades could do the cutting wink

I never had an issue with the speed of my ion and one time at -6, I wanted to see how many holes I could get but got bored at 28 with 21" of ice and just stopped.

Speed test really don't mean anything unless they are all using the same size auger. A 8" is cutting 33% more ice then a 6".