• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

aqua innovations

Anybody have any experience with these products? Saw the demonstration at the sport show. Wondering how effective they are with 5-8 fish in a 30 gallon livewell.

With an Aqua Innovations you still need to keep pumping in freshwater, otherwise it can turn the water into poison from the fish's waste products. I have one, do I notice a difference - somewhat, but it is nice knowing it is there and I am doing everything I can to help my fish.

[This message has been edited by RossT (edited 03-23-2004).]

Ross, so which would I be better off using, the aerator pump or the recirc pump throughout the day with the Aqua innovations system? See, I only have freshwater aeration at the moment and I am debating whether to install a recirc system or just use the Aqua system. It sounds as if both a recirc system and the Aqua system would be a step in the wrong direction. Thanks for replying.

The Aqua Innovations systems works in the way that you are adding more oxygen to your livewells. As far as recirculation, I feel the best case scenario for the fish is pumping in fresh water AND using the Oxygenator. I like to be able to pump in the cleanest or coldest water available and keep my Aqua Innovations running. This way if I do enter an area of warmer water or siltier water, I can turn my livewell's over to recirculate, and still keep the Aqua running. Confused? Email me and I can clarify this for you.