• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins drive for 90 losses...

greebs

Is on once again. Can they hit 95? Im predicting they will come up short and only get to 92 which will likely be rewarded with a lifetime extension for gardenhire and company. Only in Minnesota is this possible.

As much as I have enjoyed watching the Twins for maybe 45 years, they are unwatchable now. Got through the 5th last night and turned them off.

Our defense in the field is now too bad, our hitting is ok but our pitching is as poor as it can get.

One cannot win many games when you give up the runs you do.

Wife and I talked about going to a game yet this year and I said I cannot give the Pohlands any money to support the team they have on the field. Fine to go to the game but all one is doing is saying the product on the field is ok, not going says, common, lets get a watchable team or I will not pay to watch them.

As long as enough fans go and the owners make money, nothing will change.

the entire clubhouse needs an overhaul. Gardy needs to go, I'm sure he'd be a blast to have a beer with but as for leading the team he has lost his voice.

Rick Anderson should have been the first casualty to go a few years ago, why Gardy keeps sticking his neck out for the guy is beyond me.

Nothing against Terry Ryan, but I think its time for a change in that role too. He's been a great GM but its time for a new face in there too.

Reusse said it best last year, a team full of sissies and pansies.

I'd rather go through 90 losses with the kids in the farm system up here than what they call a team now

I was offered 4 tickets a few weeks ago but wasn't interested. It is a shame what has gone on in that organization. All the luster of the new house is wearing off and the attendance is about to become laughable. It starts at the top and this ownership is a joke. They could care less about having a winning team and it shows.

Fans are still going out to the park, through 66 home games they are 200,000 behind last years pace but still not bad having just about 1.9 million folks going through the gate. Guess there is still some more room for them to get even worse... add in the hot dogs and beer and someone is still making money..

Chicago is drawing 1.4 million and Cleveland 1.2 just for comparison..

Fans are still going out to the park, through 66 home games they are 200,000 behind last years pace but still not bad having just about 1.9 million folks going through the gate.

Fans might still be going if you compare to some other cities, but I don't see how you can say 200k less than last year is not bad. That's 10% less. Any time you see 10% less year over year in sales, you'd think some heads would be rolling. Imagine best buy or target or someone seeing 10% drop, more than a few VPs would be replaced, if not the CEO.

I went to a game in July against white sox with some sox fans (I really didn't even want to go to the game but needed to in this case.). Twins once again were awful and lost but majority of fans in section I sat in seemed to be having a great time. Think the pohlads know fully well that mn has plenty of folks that are content to go to the stadium and enjoy the day regardless of the product on the field.

They need to play better than .500 from here on out to avoid another 90 loss season. Ugggh.

the entire clubhouse needs an overhaul. Gardy needs to go, I'm sure he'd be a blast to have a beer with but as for leading the team he has lost his voice.

Rick Anderson should have been the first casualty to go a few years ago, why Gardy keeps sticking his neck out for the guy is beyond me.

Nothing against Terry Ryan, but I think its time for a change in that role too. He's been a great GM but its time for a new face in there too.

Reusse said it best last year, a team full of sissies and pansies.

I'd rather go through 90 losses with the kids in the farm system up here than what they call a team now

I could not have said it any better.

While at the state fair today, I was listening to a broadcast by KFAN, the discussion was, should Gardy and his staff even have another year with the Twins, overall suggestion was let them all .

I see nothing changing until the team losses money for the year Jim P will change nothing as he I making money, but Gardy and company can go.

I have seen way too many pitchers and players leave and then do better on another team, something is wrong with that.

What's funny is I was watching them play the royals about a week ago on TV and they said the Royals were #2 and Twins #1 for 'runs per game' in August. The royals were like 18-5 so far in the month, and the twins were like 10 wins 13 losses. LOL. Talk about poor pitching affecting the win total. The Twins had the highest runs per game at that time for August, by like over a run (5.68 versus 4.5 or something) but still couldn't even muster up .500 baseball.

The annoying thing is that they only seem to lose about 60% of their games, yet for some reason almost every time I try to use the code "twinswin" at papa johns it's invalid smile I think I'm about 1 for 5 this season on being lining up my hunger for mediocre delivered pizza with a twins wins.

I'm still hoping for the 95 loses I bet on before the year. Got a steak dinner waiting for me. I do not think they will get there but my stomach sure hopes so.

They need a lot of help and need to go and pay some players. Then when the time comes pay them to stay here and play.

I believe attendance is based off of Tickets sold, not butts in the seats. During some of those weekday games, I swear the two outfield upper decks look almost empty. On weekends they seem to fill up though.

Looking at the remaining schedule, I figure they might get 8 more wins. That is figuring one win per series, which seems to be the norm for them of late.

You guys remember when the Twins had good players and won a lot of games? Now they don't have good players and aren't winning games. Gardy is the same guy. Give him some pitching, a young stud, a Triple Crown threat and the piranhas and see how many wins he gets.

You guys remember when the Twins had good players and won a lot of games? Now they don't have good players and aren't winning games. Gardy is the same guy. Give him some pitching, a young stud, a Triple Crown threat and the piranhas and see how many wins he gets.

Its a coaches job to coach what they have not what they should have, look at some of the players who we thought were no good and have gone elsewhere and played much better. Its time to clean house and start with a new crew cause the old crew isn't cutting it anymore.

Yep he's an auto pilot type who needs a team of veterans and clubhouse leader types who can help him. Twins are a young team and the future will depend on the development of more young players. We've seen for 3+ seasons how young players need someone different in charge of this team.

I thought he had the best catcher to ever play the game?