• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

destination suggestions

My wife and I are making last minute vacation plans for labor day weekend. Original plans fell thru so we are looking at options. One was to Canada, but we don't want to go too deep into it. We're looking to enjoy wilderness and fish walleye and smallie with guide. Not planning to bring own boat.

How deep is too deep? LOL. I haven't ever utilized a guide, but the old adage "the sky is the limit" applies here.

If it were me, I would look at Rainy or LOW. LOW might be easier to find something open/available/and what you are looking for just because of the wide variety. I think you would/will be happy with any choice.

Kabetogama is a really cool place for this side of the border, plus you can go into Namakan for that Canadian wilderness experience. Lots of nice resorts on Kab too.

How deep is too deep? LOL. I haven't ever utilized a guide, but the old adage "the sky is the limit" applies here.

If it were me, I would look at Rainy or LOW. LOW might be easier to find something open/available/and what you are looking for just because of the wide variety. I think you would/will be happy with any choice.

Kabetogama is a really cool place for this side of the border, plus you can go into Namakan for that Canadian wilderness experience. Lots of nice resorts on Kab too.

Maybe an hour into Canada, two max, looking at a place on Andy Lake in Sioux Narrows. We are also looking into Kabetogama and Crane Lake.

Go to Lake of the Woods on US side and stay at Borderview, or Sportsmans. They offer 100% American Plan and their launch fishing for walleyes is great. If you want to go to Canada Rainy would be my choice. Check with Taylor's Cove or the Fisheries located on Bearpass. They can put you touch with guides who will supply he boats. The Bearpass area of Rainy is about 25 miles east Fort Francis. Woody's on the US side of Rainy also provides guiding on the Canadian side. Most resorts on the US side have guides they deal with.

Pipestone Lake, Ontario. Only an hour into Canada, good walleye and smallmouth fishing plus muskie and lake trout. It's as beautiful of a lake as you'll find. There are a couple of resorts up there that could offer what you are looking for. I'd suggest checking out Cedar Island Lodge or Pipestone Lodge to see if they have openings. This lake is where they'll spread my ashes someday.