• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro bass lakes

Mr. egg

North Metro: Weaver (Docks, Slop, Weedlines, Flats)
South Metro: Hyland (Wood)
West Metro: Waconia (Flats, Docks, Reeds, Milfoil)
East Metro: Big Marine (Docks, weedlines, reeds, slop, flats)

Smallmouth: Crow River near St. Michael or The Croix.

Prior and Tonka can be great, but I can't stand being out there any time but the week due to traffic. Waconia has yielded me some nice fish, as have some of the mpls chain of lakes when I must go on foot. Catch alot of bass on smaller lakes around as well, just have to deal with crappy accesses. Man I can't wait to get back out there!

If You want big and I mean BIG!!! smallies
Lake Koronis in paynesville is awsome
My favorite metro without a doubt is Tonka.The only problem with that lake is you have to be on the water before the sun comes up on the weekend and then as soon as you hear the first cannon for those silly sailboat races around 9:30 Or 10:00 am it's time to go home an take a nap.
anytime during the week as long as it's in the morning
Tight lines all
Basswacker

Calhoun: No gas motors + good fish population and size structure = fun. With the milfoil choking the shore, bank fishermen don't have a prayer so all the fish are left to us canoe guys.

The second and third tier lakes (as rated by the walleye guys) in the metro area can offer great surprise for the bass fishermen. I wouldn't write off any body of water that hasn't winter killed for a shot at at least 1 five pounder during the year.

Smallies - the Mississloppy, hands down.