• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN pro-am gone

JGJ

I was not shocked when I saw it go, what did shock me was that MN lottery was pumping a 1.3 million contract to them each year. What in the world!!! Where did all that money go to? It was a good T but man. I wonder what will take its place. I also wonder, will all those touring pro's now have to call themselves former Pro"s. I have seen one other T format that now calls for a Pro and an amateur that was not last year. Bet that will draw some in just for the designation of "I fish the pro side."

When you break it down 1.3 Million is not all it's cracked up to be.

How?
7 Tournament Days and 6 TV Programs=$217,000 Per TV show and $186,000 per Tournament. And the show was aired many times per tournament with the MN state lottery as the key advertiser. The real investment has to be viewed in light of getting the TV show on the air. When all was said and done it was a marketing ploy/ pet project of the former lottery director who unfortunatly commited suicide and to my knowledge was not doing anything illegal or unethical.

There are plenty of options for the fishermen that fished the MN Pro Am. The BFL has some great opportunity for not only the pro but amatuer anglers as well. The Gander Mountain Tour is still around and now with three divisions. Team Supreme. There is still plenty of fishing to be done.