• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tree sap

I've tried lots of things, but the only things that works every time is Goof Off. Its very potent so you need to be careful what you use it on.

I have pine tres lining my drive so I deal with pine sap on my truck and camper every year. I squirt this stuff on a cloth and rub the sap off without a problem. It works great on glass and paint. Plastic trim can be tricky. Use sparingly as it can "melt" or break down the plastic. I test a spot first. It will also remove other seals such as the silicone on a edges of the camper. I would just say use it sparingly on new surfaces until you know what it will do.

Vehicle paint and glass it will take it off in a couple seconds. Its the only thing I've found that works. Got it at Home Depot and MEnards.

yeah I think they have it there, its a kit with some spray on detailer stuff and a little box of clay, but you could just use any clay and some windex. Or any parts store will have it. Mead the clay first to get it nice and plyable, the windex acts as a lubricant so the clay doesnt stick to the paint and clump off. Probably would not do it in direct sunlight or if paint is too hot as a precaution.

Its the first step in detailing a car before appying the wax products. Rub your finger over your hood and feel all the contaminents, then claybar it and it feels like it just rolled off the assembly line.

I tried the clay bar and it did not take any of the sap off. In fact it made it worse. I had a little more sap from camping a couple weeks ago. I'm disappointed! I did the entire truck, and then polished it, and like what it did on the rest of the truck, but didn't do anything with the tree sap!

I tried the clay bar and it did not take any of the sap off. In fact it made it worse. I had a little more sap from camping a couple weeks ago. I'm disappointed! I did the entire truck, and then polished it, and like what it did on the rest of the truck, but didn't do anything with the tree sap!

I would try a little mineral spirits (paint thinner) on a paper towel. Or steal some of your SO's none acetone nail polish remover. Or the tar remover stuff from the auto parts store.

I use Goof Off. Its a strong solvent and will take the sap right off. It is not the same as Goo Gone.

I have red and white pines over my driveway and I deal with this every summer. I've read and tried every different home remedy and youtube suggestion I can find. The only ting that takes it off is Goof Off.

Be careful with it as it will harm some plastics. I only use it on the paint and glass of my vehicle. When it comes to plastic and door/window seals, I use one of the other methods and do the best I can.

Really? You kneaded the clay and then used the spray with it? I've never had a problem with taking anything off and it comes out like new.

Is it a Mother's Clay bar?

Yes, I have the mother's clay bar kit, yes, kneaded it and used the detailing spray that came with it. All it did was smudge. How much pressure do you use? I tried everything, wouldn't take it off

LOL, I didn't realize I posted the same answer twice with almost the same wording.

For the "I can't believe a clay bar didn't work" crowd, not all sap is created the same. I've gone through all the same methods with friends who are detailers. I've done car shows in the past and every time I mention tree sap, most guys are thinking its small splashes of sap similar to tar or paint spatter. My tree sap is large drips that make huge mounds that stay soft weeks after hitting. When its hot they spread out over an inch area.

I just spent a half hour cleaning the sap off my truck using the Goof Off, and I had to scrub very hard. All that sap came from the two hot days days around labor day. It sucks, but its the fastest way and for me its the only ting that works.

I'll keep my clay bar for what its supposed to do, remove FINE contaminants from the paint surface.