• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Iron Silk - What do you think?

SluggoMaster

Well, here is my two cents. I used it quite a bit last summer/fall, and I have found that it is great as long as the temps outside are above 50 degrees and up. When the line gets cold, you can really have a big mess, especially on spinning outfits. You also should check it often for nicks and cuts, especially if you are flipping around wood, or docks. smile.gif

I've seen both positive & negative posts about Iron Silk. The negative posts usually refer to poor knot strength.

I talked with a pro from Gander & he said that he uses it all the time & never has any probmes now that HE TIES KNOTS DRY. I asked him if he was sure & he said "Yeah, if my line is wet, I dry it off before I tie the knot & I don't have any problems with knot strength anymore."

Last night, I spooled up a new rod & reel with Iron Silk and tied a knot dry and it would not break. I tied it onto something I could get ahold of and it absolutely would not break. I haven't tried tying a knot wet yet (like everyone is taught to do) but I'm curious if anyone else has heard about this.

FlipR70