• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Imagine, An FM Bass Tourney?

wormburner

Okay so I think we have 2 teams... Who is all interested in a chance to finally get out bass fishing May 1st?

BigMike/Dan
Daze Off / partner

How about keeping this mainly for fun. $20 per team with an optional big fish pot of $5 per team.

Winning team is titled "FishingMinnesota RiverBass'n Champion". Payout up to 3 places.

I like the Chisago area for later in the year too, maybe someone more familiar with that area can set that up?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daze Off

If you haven't filled the seat in your boat for this and you still plan on doing it I would like to be the one to fill the seat. I see you are in Ramsey, I am in Hopkins so we should be able to hook up. If you want drop me an email and we can discuss the particulars. Thanks

JeffyO

[email protected]

biglakebass,
Pool 4 north end is in Redwing down to pool 5 south of Wabasha. Probably put in on the south end of pool 4 (near wabasha).

The smallies should be going good at that time and there is some really good LM fising in the backwaters.

It is a good chance to get out before the season. Either that or go to cheese land.

Biglakeba$$, I've seen some of the pics from early season bassin' down on pool 4 and it's awesome! Big largemouth in the backwaters and it's prime for smallies.

You should come on down and this could be the pre-"smallie magnet tourney" wink.gif.

Where is Hawgtide and Ebass... they need to get down here for early season action!

Anyone else want to get in on this friendly FM outing/tourney. Should be a really good time.

Maybe we should start a new topic in the bass forum for just this May 1st Pool 4 event. The more boats the more faces to link with people from FM (and more bragging rights!!)

There is a large tournament with 80 boats and 160 anglers going on May 1st and 2nd on Pools 4 & 5. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, there is a 14" minimum size for both species of bass on the Mississippi River on those pools. And according to WI law, no culling also.

Ross

This isn't catch and release. The river has no closed season. We will release fish after the weigh-in of course, but you can keep fish during this time on the river. As mentioned, there is a 14" size limit on border waters.

Ross, what tourney is that? I know the Extream tourney is that following Friday. Do you know which launch that will be out of?

This sounds really good. If I may, I think there is a limit on the total payout for an organized tournament that has not applied for a permit. Also there may be a limit on the boats. I am really interested in making the trip over for this one. I live in Austin and not sure I can wait much longer to get a line in the water. Smallies are a mystery to me, but sure love one on the line. Thanx Flip

Man, this cold front not only turns off the fish but the FM posts as well... LOL

So who do we got so far:

Dan/BigMike
DazeOff/partner tbd
Flipnrip/partner tbd (Flipnrip, lookin' forward to meeting you)

If they bring in a couple partners and at least a couple more boats we could have a nice field of teams.

I'm still waiting for Hawgtide, Biglakebass, and Ebass to chime in and get their tails down here for this outing. Maybe their scared to go up against the smallie magnet LOL!!! wink.gif

Hi Guys,

Just got back from vacation and look at all them posts....I used to live in the Twin Cities and now live in #$%#!...for those of you that didn't catch that it would be Fargo.......DOH! Count me in for the FM Bass outting. I am not a big fan of the river but would be willing to give her a shot...kind of a long haul from Fargo though.
I have a boat but don't think I have a partner. Just to let ya all know. The new GF likes to fish but not sure how serious she is. Anyways I'll keep checking this post.

P.S. Go easy on me. I'm not an expert.

The tourney sounds good, count me as a maybe-pretty sure-probably.

I have never been in the area at all, so I if I can get their at least once before the tourney to find my way around, I'll be even more probably sure. smile.gif

Is there any guides for that area I can hire?

The tourney sounds good, count me as a maybe-pretty sure-probably.

I have never been in the area at all, so I if I can get their at least once before the tourney to find my way around, I'll be even more probably sure. smile.gif

Is there any guides for that area I can hire?

We'll have to plan another one for later in the year somewhere in the central part of the state. Dan, I'll talk to you about it this weekend.

Glenn,

hey thanks. Must be a new address. Yeah it's gonna be a long drive. But what you gonna do? I gotta FISH!
Yes, my new boat is white with Candy Cane Stripes! smile.gif I am really looking forward to getting it out!

Hopefully we can hook up this season.

Later Chev

Nice rig chev_truck! I hope to see ya still down on Pool 4 May 1. With that rig, you'll be blowing right past us wink.gif j/k. I'll be in Dan's rig so there won't be much of a problem keeping up.

Looks like there's a nice group forming for May 1. Should be a great outing, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!