• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Imagine, An FM Bass Tourney?

wormburner

Here we would have an oppertunity to show what we speak of. I was just thinking out loud, it would be a good time, if we could find a lake between Duluth and the Twin Cities, and get at least 10 boats partnered up, wouldn't have to be a full blown tourney, just a thought?

------------------
Good Luck To All, Wormburner!
Buy a trailer,help support my fishing habit!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea to just have an informal entry collection at the event. That would get around the permit if we had that many teams.

What about May 1st down on the river (either lower pool 4 or 5)? $20 a team maybe?

I dont know the regs for having permits and such... You need a permit I believe if its more than 15 boats or more than a $$ ammount.. I think its $500...

We could surely just do it for bragging rights... The chisago Lakes area has some good fishing, Green and North/South Center have a lot of fishable water and decent boat landings.

The permit requirements are: 15 boat maximum and a max. of $25 per person ($50 per team). I doubt there would be over 15 boats though. If so, if you keep with the no formal entry (either no fee's at all or put a few bucks in a jug at the event), you can get around that permit requirement. I would just make sure we pick a lake with a large enough access that we aren't hogging the access.

Chisago would be cool too... Just looking to get out sooner smile.gif... River or WI about the only choices early season.

May 1 on the River/Pool 4 sounds awesome. Almost a full month earlier than opener! I can't wait to start casting. I'm in for $20...

Although Dan, you might not want to be fishing against me judging from our last trip down to pool 4 wink.gif just uping the bragging rights a little...just teasin'. LOL!

Now if only I could find a partner with a boat... Heck I would probably spot the $40/team and gas if someone would host the boat smile.gif

How about just $20 per team, more of a bragging rights type of deal with an optional $5 per team big fish pot?? I'm open to anything.. 0-$40+ per team... thought it should be more of a fun deal for bragging rights though - I think there will be more interest. Team event I think would be preferred.

split it down to 3 places.. 50%, 30%, 20%

BigMike, I'll sport the boat if you sport those fish again!

Could do another later in the summer in the Chisago area or other. If we did it on a C&R lake, have a digital camera with date/time and ruler for every team (photo with fish on ruler). Just go by length and take peoples word on it.

Dan, they don't call me the "smallie magnet" for nothing cool.gif LOL!!! And that was just this last fall. Put me on those spring bass and watch out!

I'm thinking anything that would bring in a group of about 8-14 fm boats would be the best option (I'd love to put faces with other fm'ers), whether that means $20/team or $40/team and I'm all about the big bass pot!

I'm sure most of the guys on this site are from the cities area, so chisago is probably as close to half ways as we can get for a lake? Anyone else on here live north of the hinkley area?

------------------
Good Luck To All, Wormburner!
Buy a trailer,help support my fishing habit!

I'm in the metro and would definitely be up for Chisago in June or July! Opener isn't until almost June anyways... so I would love to get some early bassin' in down on pool 4 like Dan mentioned and then doing a second "get together" wink.gif on Chisago over the summer months.

"Why wait until the season even opens?"

If you are going to have a measuring tournament than why not. Just make it a "dual use" lure tournament and make certain baits against the rules to have in the boat. Instead of a livewell check people would have to open their tackle box's and storage area's to show they don't have any forbidden tackle.

No "Bass" sized spinnerbaits
No Plastics over 3 inches
No Bass Jigs
Only Panfish Mini Cranks
ETC.

Or better yet make it a tourny with Snoopy rods only and allow any kind of lure.

No, we definitely won't be targeting bass out of season. That is for one thing, against the law.

The river is open year round though, so that is sort of why I was suggesting that to get out early in the year.

Anyone else interested in May 1st on lower pool 4 or even pool 5?

You can count me in for May 1st.

Early season bassin' in awesome down on pool 4 during late April through mid-May. And as mentioned by Dan, it's 100% legal smile.gif

This should be a great FM get together!

I would love to fish in a "legal" event - also have an open seat in the back for anyone interested. More interested in lake fishing than river though.

Only problem I have is that it can't conflict with other B.A.S.S. tournaments for my club....

Given the above, count me in....

Daze Off

I would love to fish in a "legal" event - also have an open seat in the back for anyone interested. More interested in lake fishing than river though.

Only problem I have is that it can't conflict with other B.A.S.S. tournaments for my club....

Given the above, count me in....

Daze Off