• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nite time bass fishing?

ajmurf

I've been reading about bass fishing at night. Is it as good as they say? I've read that black buzz baits are the way to go at night. Does anybody have any advice on this?

I have always used black spinner baits, with a hammered nickle blade, and done really well for bass at night. I have found night fishing works better on crowded lakes and on days where there was little waves

------------------
a Leap year huh? sweet, an extra day of fishing!

I have only been out once at night but it was an absolute blast! We went out at mid night when the moon was high in the sky and the skeeters where sleeping. We casted scum frogs as close to shore as we could. The only place we caught bass was where the moon casted light on the water. We couldn't see our frogs but you could hear when you got a bite. Just set the hook and hope for the best. Sometimes it was hard to tell which one of us got the bite so we would both set the hook. We caught a lot of nice size bass that night. Hope to do it again this summer!

Last Fall I had excellent success slip bobbing with a lighted bobber and a night crawler!!

Granted I was fishng very clear water, but I set up on a weed point adjacent to a steep drop!

A lot of fun!!!!

Jim W

Used to have a place on Sylvia/Twin which was a phenominal Bass at night lake with it's clear water.

Sometimes I would target them specifically other times I would be trolling for eyes. The ration worked out at about 5 bass per eye.

My tip for targeting bass would be to fish points with a drop off. The biggest bass at night always seemed to be on points, including some real toads and there would usually be a fish or two and sometimes whole schools up on them.