• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keeping BASS Dillemma

huskiesplayer15

catfishcrawler,

I made no comparison to any other species of fish, I believe that most fish should be released except for the occasional meal. I do have to admit it ticks me off a tad when I see someone come back with a limit of 4lb bass, no more than it would if they had a limit of 4lb walleyes. I do not hold them in a higher regard than any other. I just think CPR is critical regardless of species.

If you want to keep bass, great, keep the small males. I think the mindset that bass should all be released stems from the belief that they taste bad.

As far as rock bass? Never gotten the nerve to eat one of those. Too dang ugly, of course look at catfish. smile.gif

The reason I posted was in reference to another post bragging about catching Bass while fishing for panfish and the poster said (I don’t give a rip what anyone thinks) The attitude displayed in that sentence was the reason and no other. We have all caught out of season species while fishing panfish through the ice but to brag about it and tell everyone you are going back to do it again is not catching them by accident. I for one never keep Bass but the law states you can keep them and I do not have a problem with that. I have fished many Bass tournaments in the Midwest and the Southwest and the attitudes of the hundreds of Bass fisherman I have met all exude the love and respect of the sport of fishing. To bad all people who fish don’t have that attitude. I am a firm believer of catch and release and I do practice it with all species of fish. I like to fish for gravel lizards (walleyes) in the spring and I fish for panfish in the winter like most all Bass fishermen. The statement made by another poster (These one species wonders are just a touch over the top) is just a jealous attack on Bass fisherman. Apparently you are a expert multi-species fisherman. You should enter a tournament and show those one species wonders a thing or two on how to catch those Bass.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

Been their. Done that. Now I love crappies. Whack stack and put them back. (and some times, not) Actualy, it's all I can afford to fish for these days. Can't keep up with you big boys with the big bucks. That's ok, as long as I'm fishin'!

"To bad all people who fish don’t have that attitude."

You don't like my attitude and I don't care for the attitude of the self-righteous chumps that presume a person is breaking the law or doing something wrong when they are not.

Did you see the thread "Basspoacher tries to stike again." Same place, same baits, same time of day and all I got was those crummy Crappies and Sunnies some of which I kept to eat (Yum Yum). Fishing is that way a lot of times and people who accuse others for "targeting" out season need to be a little more liberal with how they regard what is proper and what is not. People have gone out of their way to accuse me of breaking the law and being unethical so I go out of my way to be provacative on this issue to [PoorWordUsage] you Pharisees off.

When someones intent is to catch fish period and would be as happy with a bass as a crappie does not mean they are breaking the law or doing anything wrong. Cyb had a blast catching all those bass, but was dissappointed that he didn't get any nice crappies or bigger gills. Had he fished the same spot a week later it looks as if the results would have been different from what I caught.

That's fishing.

Yes, basspastor, I did see your "Basspoacher strikes again". Then I saw it was removed. Good for the moderator!! Second thread removed recently for you.

If you have an arguement with the DNR, talk to the DNR and leave us out of it! Tired of hearing about it in previous posts and you are not gaining support. You appear to be shooting yourself in the foot with your bragging about targeting bass in spite of season. You tried this arguement in the Annandale forum about a month ago and were shoo'd out.

Too many people know who you are personally. And too many of us are so tired that we could give TIPS a call with your name, location, etc. Give it up or take up your issue with your state legislator or the DNR. Leave us out of it, please. The rest of us follow the rules. Those that do not are considered poachers and I have no respect for them.