• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WhiteFish Bay - Lake of the Woods Reports

Hi All

It's warm out , the snow is dropping and the lake will be making slush spots . I will try to post daily through March.

Fished with a group last three days - got a few lakers crappies and walleyes

Lakers were in 35-45 fow crappies 28 -33 walleyes 21-25

Pink and gold

full-39664-53713-image.jpg

full-39664-53714-image.jpg

full-39664-53715-image.jpg

Cheers

Robert

Did some scouting - ran down pass Last Point - it's wet there and a couple other places along the shoreline .

Had a chance to stop and chat with a couple guys that had travelled from Morson - they only seen slush in any amount at Last Point

full-39664-53780-image.jpg

Travel is not bad -

Cheers

Robert

Travel was great today - no worries of slush - the boys did some crappies today tomorrow Lakers & walleyes

It may get wet on Sunday - I will update tomorrow evening

Stay safe

Robert

full-39664-53801-image.jpg

Hello

I don't think we will make the end of the month with safe ice. We have lost 8 to 12 inches in places. " from Saturday" There is no real water on the ice, it went through. But on a bright note - fishing was pretty good

Stay Safe

Robert

Oh ya - we found some fish today too

full-39664-53848-image.jpg

full-39664-53849-image.jpg

full-39664-53850-image.jpg

It seem like everything worked today on lakers - and they hit HARD

Walleyes blue / white piece of minnow had good numbers

Night All

Aaron

I really don't know - I am worried about Sunday and Tuesday . There was water again on top of the ice - maybe I jumped the gun - I just know what happen 3 or 4 years ago the ice honeycombed one really hot day and there was over two feet of ice - it was cold last night snow is hard on top

Have a good one - I will be out on the lake later today - will post tonight or tomorrow morning

Robert

Warm today - around 2 inches of water on ice - wheelers or sled with scratchers if it gets cold - little to no snow on ice

full-39664-53952-image.jpg

full-39664-53953-image.jpg

full-39664-53954-image.jpg

full-39664-53955-image.jpg

First pic - last point looking east

Next looking west

Next at the portage going into turtle lake

Laker from yesterday

Cheers

Robert

Guru57

I talked to a guy that came from Morson yesterday - he thought ice was good for weekend - wheelers are the way to go - not much snow to keep slides cool

Be on the look out for air holes they are out there

I will be out again this weekend fishing/guiding

Have fun but always " Stay safe "

Robert

Thanks for all the updates Robert, they are very helpful. We have a big group coming up a week from today and hoping to be able to fish the 26th-29th. I know conditions are day to day right now, but could you give any insight as to whether or not you think we'll be able to get on the ice.

Thanks!

Fred_Bear -

Was on Whitefish today. You should be fine. It's still 3+ feet deep and everything is solid. It melted on the weekend and froze up again the last few days. ATVs with chains are best.

If it rains a lot - then I might be concerned. But it's still really good right now.

CA

Hey All

Fred_Bear like Crappie-attack has said ice is pretty good, I did notice today the ice start to lift - couple inches higher then the water .

Wheelers - I am still running sleds but going from snow drift to drift to keep it cool. Lakers were hot yesterday - my group caught many fish around the 32 inch mark couple bigger - no 40's yet frown metal spoon was the ticket 35 -40 FOW

Cheers

Robert

Hey All

Got a little snow this afternoon, Temps are going to drop into the teens by morning . Ice travel is good, I've found places close to camp with less then 20 inches of ice. Not sure about the portage at Turtle Lake . I am done using that crossing.

Had a great weekend of Lakers , Many 30 inch fish

30 - 40 fow dead stick metal spoon. out performed everything.

I missed seeing Fishin Freaks and Mulcher - I looked for you guys.

Couple pics from the weekend and a quick laker Video from today.

Cheers

Robert

full-39664-54316-0319151245b.jpg

full-39664-54317-20150319_115127.jpg

full-39664-54314-img_0067.jpg