• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane pre-buy prices?

traveler

The last price I was quoted (Monday) from Federated in Cambridge was 1.799. Prebuy is open until September 12.

Laker, which location are you buying from?

From the Princeton(sp) office.

Was $1.74 for a fill and prebuy for winter is $ 1.84 for cash and $1.89 for credit card.

I've heard the reason prices haven't gone up like last year were:

Farmer's not needing needing as much for drying.

Not as cold of weather.

No supply/distribution problems.

Whatya gonna do??? I guess I'm glad I pre-bought anyway so I don't have to think about it till next year. Commodities are always tough to predict.

Well, I guess it all depends on where a person gets their news...

For the most part I think they just toss things out there to quiet the masses. I'll be thankful that we have both low gasoline and low propane prices for now. I wouldn't want someone to come up with a convenient crisis to pilfer the country's new found spending power.

Nope. I'm on auto fill with a rented tank from Federated. I'd have to get a different tank.

I'll pull out my pre-buy contract and check on the pricing. I've read in the past if the current price is lower than the pre-buy price, that's the price they'll charge. That's another reason why it always seemed to be a no brainer to pre-buy.

It was just a big deal to me this year to come up with the full season fuel expense up front but I wasn't going to risk another year like last year.

Now I'm working on getting my HSA funded for my new ACA benefits! sick Hmm, "funded" = fun dead?

Just shaking my head here and getting that helpless feeling. Recent propane fill at our cabin near Longville, MN with Ferrell gas $2.19/gal. with rented tank and no prepay. Called up Lakes gas and asked for home delivered price...$1.94/gal. Went on the internet and looked up price of propane in Minnesota (gov. site) and for 12/29/14 the price was $1.84/gal. Called Ferrell Gas back and tried to discuss my bill's price but no budging on that one! Looks like propane prices are all over the place and they charge whatever?

I had a ferrell tank at the cabin when I bought it and they gave me a pretty good price for my first fill. My second fill they wanted 35 cents a gallon more than the co-op. One call and I had a co-op tank in my yard and bye bye ferrell tank.

If propane is so cheap, why does it cost so much to get a 100 pound propane tank filled? My understanding is a 100 pound tank holds 23.6 gallons. But in 3 different places I was quoted from least to most, $62.50, $78.00, and $108. Even the cheaper price of $62.50 is still $2.65 per gallon, then up to $4.58 per gallon

Ya those 100 lb'ers are plenty heavy if I haven't been eating my Wheaties. Can do it; would rather not. Using the skidloader helps but haven't needed to wrassle it since we put hot water in the garage. We have a 500 gallon tank for heat and the gas stove. Some winters wish I could swap it out for a 1000 gallon tank. Cash price got down to $.49 at one point back in July. Unfortunately my tank was still full when the guy stopped to top it off. :( Right now cash price is sitting at $.99. Contract price had been at $.69 in that same timeframe. Appears to be edging up as the corn drying season approaches.

Edit: Was just informed by the local LP purveyor that contracting is over as of yesterday so what you see is what you pay. Still beats $5 all hollow.

Edited by Dotch