• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane pre-buy prices?

traveler

My tank was filled yesterday for 1.39 a gallon. Pre-buy from my supplier is a minimum of 400 gallons and that is more than I would need for a winter, so there is no point. My 500 gallon tank would probably get me through a real mild winter. I may have my tank topped off in mid-Dec. before the crunch peak of the heating season sets in, that should get me through the winter.

I also picked up one of those infra-red heaters. When the weather was mild it seemed to keep up well, but when it was super-cold the furnace still ran quite a bit. It was noticeable on my electric bill, but cheaper than propane.

Curtis. Pre-buy price. That price may have expired by now, but a phone call might be in order. Since the problem that caused last years snafu has not been resolved yet I'm confident the price will climb depending on the winter.

Well, I signed up with Curtis at 1.79, new customer 10 cent discount, plus a 100 dollar gas card. Thanks for the help guys, next round is on me:) If you happen to be at Westwind, on Red lake this weekend that is!

Up here in northeast North Dakota it is 1.79/gal for prepay. Im wondering what everyone is doing this year. Are you prepaying? If so what percentage of normal use do you prepay? I plan to prepay 100% of normal after last year spike in price I don't want to have to go through that again.

Yeah, current price is less than pre-buy pricing.

I went to the Cambridge location today to discuss the contract price of $1.849 compared to what I heard on their pre-recorded message the day I posted that it was $1.799. The nice lady told me that was impossible, the price is $1.849.

I couldn't call and play the recording to her since it wasn't working!

She offered a fill at current pricing since it's lower but I'm at 75% so I can't take the minimum delivery amount. Man, sometimes you feel like you've been put over a barrel! shocked

Had to pay the higher price...