• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1971 GoDevil minibike.

CANOPY SAM

So I'm talking to a neighbor about my youngest son and his passion for machines of all kinds. My neighbor says, "Hey, I've got something Jake would just love!"

He comes out of his garage with an old faded blue canvas bag/suitcase sort of thing with something pretty heavy inside. We open it up and low and behold inside is a fold-down/fold-up GoDevil from 1971. Still has the original Owner's Manual, and this little thing runs like a top on regular mixed gasoline! I bought it for $50, and my kid loves it. It's got a shiny, sparkly metal flake seat, and I tease my son that this "dirt bike" is a chick magnet! laugh

Anyway, kinda fun, but I was just wondering if there is any collector's value to something like this? This little Asian built utility motorcycle is almost 45 years old and it still purrs like a kitten. Anybody know anything about GoDevil mini-bikes?

Yes there is and since you got took on it so bad! I'll give ya, $65 for it! wink

full-27051-47888-images.jpg

This is off a old bike site to give you some idea.

1971 Fuji Go-Devil fold-up Scooter. Purchased new in 1971 to travel in our airplane, this Go-Devil scooter is complete with case. It's been stored for 25 years with old fuel in the tank, and the cables are dry. It appears one fuel tank mounting bolt/nut is missing, the rubber spark plug boot is cracked, grips are falling apart, and the seat needs new hinge screws. The small tool kit is missing. It needs TLC, but shouldn't take too much to get it running again. When it runs, it Go's like a Devil (the 50cc motor uses a torque convertor for speed). Sold as is. $600. + Shipping cost.

Hey! That's awesome Leech! Thanks for finding that for me. And ours RUNS!!!! Funny, but the same minor issues they have with the one in the ad, we have many of those same issues. Except, again, Jake's GoDevil runs like a top!

Wonder how we'd do on an on-line auction with a minimum purchase amount?

No problem. I have a lot of fond memories running all over the dirt and tar roads at my uncles farm up in Sand Stone on my mini bike when I was a kid. Not sure how I never ran out of gas using a twig for a gas gauge! laugh

Good luck with what ever you do with it. smile

Quote:
Wonder how we'd do on an on-line auction with a minimum purchase amount?

That's a neat bike. Never seen one like it before. It should fetch a good price if you can connect with the right buyer.

I have an old Arctic Cat mini-bike waiting to be restored if I ever get around to it. Belonged to my wife's brothers when they were kids, and I rescued it out of the hay barn about 15 or 20 years ago. I got it running, and my kids ran it until it threw a rod and cracked the crankcase. Been sitting in my shop ever since - waiting for some attention..

The bike is mostly complete, and still has the original vinyl "leopardskin" upholstery. Just need to rebuild the 4 hp Tecumseh. Those parts can be found also - just never seem to get around to it. Someday, maybe..

I would go to the Haydays grass race when it happens. I know it is a snowmobile event but every year there are guys buying and selling those old AC mini bikes there. Mite be a good place to pick up a motor or other parts? wink

Quote:
I would go to the Haydays grass race when it happens. I know it is a snowmobile event but every year there are guys buying and selling those old AC mini bikes there. Mite be a good place to pick up a motor or other parts?

Sounds like a plan. Do they have a flea market there?

I also have several other old relics, including a 1974 Coot atv, a 1969 Rokon 2-wheel drive motorcycle, a 1964 John Deere 110 round fender garden tractor, and a 1951 Willys pickup truck w/snowplow. These are all in running condition, mostly just need some TLC. The Rokon is in pieces - waiting to be put back together. I rebuilt all the gear cases and sandblasted and powder-coated the frame and bought new tires for it. The gas tank was dented, so I took it to a local body shop and had the dents removed.

All good retirement projects, I figure... When and if it actually happens. smile

I'll probably fix up the mini-bike for the grandkids to use when they come to visit Grandpa & Grandma.

Sounds like a plan. Do they have a flea market there?

Lol, ya about a mile squire! If your going to go there as a seller I would call way a head and get some info, on the best way to get in and out. If your going as a buyer, wear some good walking shoes and bring a trailer! grin

Well, they do if you are trying one out your going to buy, not really though. I know I tried out a Dual Sport bike I bought there but it's so packed with people there is not much room to ride. wink