• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curados on sale! Hurry!

ChrisR71

Guys,

I went to the Galyans in Minnetonka today. They have the CURADO/Jimmy Houston Shimano rod combo on sale for $99.97!! The rod is only average, but that reel is normaly $120 every place else. It is worth it just for the reel! There were 5 or 6 of these left when I was there.

I would have gotten more than 1 but now I have 10 curados and can't justify another one. LOL.

If you are looking for a good reel and a good deal, run over there while they still have a few left!

I also got a couple of Zoom 6" lizards for .97 each! I bought the 2 packages left that they had.

They also have a 'buy 4 crank baits, get a 5th one free' deal. So, I picked up 5 more jerkbaits.

I love finding good deals.

I hope someone can use this info to get themself a curado for a good price.

thanks for the tip. I picked one up today. They have a few left - mostly left handed. I wouldn't doubt that they go onsale again at the sports show in March.
I was hoping that they would have the lower gear ratio, but the Curado 200 is fine (6.5:1). Is the difference between a 6.5:1 and a 5:1 really that big of a deal?? I do a lot of casting with cranks - which means a lower GR is best.
I fish quite a bit, but I think my most expensive casting reel is a $50 Daiwa Procaster....looking forward to trying something a little better.

Hey fishlips,

I'm glad you could pick up a curado. They are very nice.

As far as gear speed goes, all of my curados are the same 6.2:1. I prefer the high speed reels. That's what works for me. Some guys have different reels with different gears and that works for them. I encourage you to try a few different gear ratios out and use what helps your fishing the most.

Good fishing,

Chris

I picked one up at the Richfield Galyans. They didn't have them on clearence and wanted $149 for the combo. I told them that the Minnetonka store had them on clearence for $99. They called MNTKA and them sold me one for $99. Actually I got another $10 off for filling out a preferred customer card (puts you on their mailing list). So I ended up paying only $89.99 for the rod and real. Great deal!

Its obviously not a great rod, but I think its ok. I'm going to try it. It seems to have some backbone to it. If I don't like it I will put the reel on something else and I still got a great deal. Thanks for letting us in on it!!

Cabelas will be running a special on a rod reel comboas well this weekend during the expo down there. Its the Curado/Fish Eagle combo and will be $149.98... the fish eagle rod is a nice one as well... If you stop down say hi, I'll be working the shimano rods and reels...

Chris/Fish Head -
The shimano rods are pretty decent - no complaints from me! The rod is a little stiffer than I'd like, but A-OK.
The $149 combo that they let you buy for $99 at the richfield store probably is the jimmy houston endorsed rod. The MTKA store had both versions (ie. the newer jimmy houston combo and the older all shimano combo) but wouldn't sell the Jimmy houston setup for $99, even though the closeout combos were originally $179. the rods looked about the same and the reels, of course were identical.

[This message has been edited by fishlips (edited 02-27-2004).]