• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

casting practice?

Glenn_S

So who has been pitching to the cat?

I found ours just loves tube-craws. Flashy spinnerbaits seem to draw viscious strikes, as well.

Carolina rigging with a senko seems to draw her out, too. LOL...

We REALLY need to get rid of this ice soon!

Glenn

i prefer to fish for the infamous(?) black lab! very suttle strikes ,but the fight is awsome ! ( now if bass would grow to that size!!) have to use mono, so i don't cut her mouth. a plain old plastic casting plug seems to work best! del

This reminds me of a couple of years ago when we had a Fishers of Men Tournament on Chisago/S. Center. I was fishing by this point with a topwater frog and out comes this cat. I kept casting up on shore to tease the little bugger or would retrieve it just far enough in the water that it could follow it along the shore.

I've actually been pitching from one side of my basement, into the bathroom on the other side. The toilet bowl is an awesome target and when you catch the seat - you can put a wicked hook set on it!!

There's nothing better than the "sploosh" sound you get, when you drop a jig in from 15 feet away.

My name is Coach Dog, and this is my story. In the spring I'll sometimes head out into my grandfather's cattle pasture and there is a nice pond that I practice on. As I walk on the pond dike, trying to avoid stepping in fresh cow pies, I'll throw Zara Spooks out in the murky, manure smelling water. Just gotta see the walk-the-dog action. I'll also try other poppers and buzzbaits as the water's only about a foot or two deep.

Pretty pathetic huh? I feel like I'm in an AA session or something. I know the FM crew will understand. wink.gif

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

[This message has been edited by Coach Dog (edited 02-24-2004).]