• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chuck Knoblauch

JBMasterAngler

I hope nobody here was dead set on seeing his induction into the twins hall of fame on August 23! The ceremony has been cancelled. He's in trouble with the law again for getting drunk and hitting his wife. My question is, who's idea was it to put him in the twins hall of fame? He's literally like the only athlete in all of Minnesota's pro sports history to be absolutely hated by the fans!

Not defending Chuck at all for his actions but it seems the Twins have some issues with who gets in and why.

Lets see, didn't Kirby have some issues also?

Wonder why Lou Gehrig got into the Baseball Hall of Fame, he also had issues and maybe a few more than Chuck.

What issues did Kirby have? Some dumb bimbo that was coming on to him so he felt her up, she wanted some attention, made accusations. Thats this bad? Please Harvey, Kirby was a saint. Met him multiple times, class darn act.

What issues did Kirby have? Some dumb bimbo that was coming on to him so he felt her up, she wanted some attention, made accusations. Thats this bad? Please Harvey, Kirby was a saint. Met him multiple times, class darn act.

A saint... wow. And we wonder why sports and athletes get by with what they get by with...

cheating on his wife, beating women, taking a whizz at nicollet mall. I guess in the spectrum of scummy sports players, he's probably not that bad...

a class f'in' act. right, right..... just because he was nice when he signed your baseball card don't mean carp.

I met Kirby throughout all stages of his career and after baseball, and I'm not talking about autograph signings at Shinders. Always was a nice guy, class act.

Stayed here when Steinbrenner was willing to pay a boat load for him.

The rest is hearsay, glad your opinion of him rides on hearsay, mine goes on personal experience. Typical Bobby banter, still salty over his Cards losing in 87.

Kirby was a very good ball player but he did what he did. Some overlook what they do outside baseball if they are a great player.

I don't know Kirby like you say but let's face it, he was no saint.

When you were with him, I highly doubt that he said, look what I did and got away with. No normal person would do that and one in the limelight like Kirby surely would not.

Believe in Kirby all you like, that's fine.

Kirby beat the charge as most do when they have that kind of money. How about OJ, same thing, lots of money and no murder charge. This list can go on and on for those sports stars that were charged but got free. Most know or realize that if you have the funds to hire the top lawyers in this country, you can get away with just about anything.

and if I remember right it wasn't Steinbrenner throwing money at him it was the Red Sox that he almost signed with...

Kirby was a very lovable charachter but perfect he was not...easy to forget some of his transgressions but the people that saw him around town prior to him going to AZ the word was he had some negative demons he needed to address

We all have demons you just have to be able to control them. Kirby could not. They are not accusations they happen. I was one of Kirbys biggest fans but he still did what he did. Twins hall of Fame should be for what they did as Twins. Chuck had problems even while in the uniform here. Now we still see them happening. I'm ok with him not being in he never could stay out of trouble.

I just remember him winning rookie of the year. Other than that, were Knoblauch's stats even worthy of him being in the twins hall of fame?

In his 7 years here, he averaged almost 40 stolen bases a year, scored over 100 runs per year. His BA was over 300. Awfully good numbers. He's still a Dick.

Lol. That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. And true. I view Pete Rose the same way. He was my baseball idol growing up and still is. He was one of the best ever, period. Within the top 50 players ever and maybe top 10 even. The guy was a machine on the field. He also wasn't so perfect afterward it appears. You can say what he did was worse than Knoblauch or Puckett but its apples to oranges and I'm not sure a guy with a gambling program is worse than someone who beats his wife or one who literally holds a gun to her head and threatens to kill her.