• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Since we're discussing braids...

locolocal

Two questions:
Does anyone have any insight to fishing crankbaits with braided lines? Does it get the bait down as far as fluoro or small diameter (10 lb.) mono does?

What diameter braid would you recommend I try for my spincast reels? I use them primarily for finese situations. I've had some terrible "rat-nest" experiences with smaller diameter (4 lb - 6lb) mono lines and so the small diameter nature of today's braid gives me the willies.. Any suggestions?

From my understanding, spincast and braids are not a good combo.

For baitcasting I have used the 10 and 14lb Fireline most often with cranks. The thinner diameter allows the bait to dive another couple of feet.

i have to agree with basspastor. never heard of any one trying braids with spincasters and wouldn't recomend it. most spincasters i have seen have plastics pegs for line pick ups. i am afraid the braids would tear these up severely. but buy using a braid ( say 8 # ) that has a dia. of two lb mono you will get deeper. del

I have been trying to use fireline on my Musky reels. I can not seem to get it on tight enough to keep the line from digging in and resulting in a backlash. I have one reel that I was able to get it on tight enough and do not experience backlash problems with that one. What's the trick to get that line on tight enough to prevent backlash problems?