• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New braided for 2004

bucketmouth64

I think there should be an Olympic event for distance a spinnerbait travels after your line has snapped off at the spool....I know I would definitely be a contestant! LOL I actually just lost one the other day (i live in TX) and didn't realize that it had snapped off...I remember thinking...WOW I got a lot of distance out of that cast! A spinnerbait flying that far through the air should have a stewardess and an in-flight movie! smile.gif)

That reminds me of an old Strike King Buzzbait that I caught a lot of really big bass on. This Buzzbait was unique because there was a spoon down by the hook, so it was more weedless and casted much farther than a normal buzzbait.

I've never thrown a buzzbait so far as when I broke that thing off. Strike King had stopped making that type and I was so depressed.

There are a lot of good lines out there but I still stick with my fav. Tuff-line... I have yet found a line that holds up like this stuff. Even with slip sinkers sliding up and down on it all the time I find I don't have to cut for new line as often as most of them I have tried. I also have never had the line snap on the spool when casting.. I even use 3-4 oz sinkers and cast a mile and every now and again like most anglers I do get a back lash. That line is quite easy to get free also. Food for thought.

Just my Fav is all... I use it on most rigs.. from Cats to Eyes and Pike. I will also put on a long mono leader at time depending on the situation.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 02-18-2004).]