• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You're Big Time Bass Lure

EBass

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have really only been back into fishing for about 2 years and I have caught my two biggest bass on a buzzbait and a 7" berkley tournament strength power worm in blue fleck.

As far as numbers go anything plastic will do. Also spinnerbaits.

Fished in a contest late this past summer and the guy I was with turned me onto scum frogs. He pulled some hogs out of the pads that day. 5 fish bag of 22 lbs. 10 oz. (4 1/2 lb. avg.) I am determined to learn how to use them this coming summer.

I also am determined to learn the jig 'n' pig. From listening to the pros it is the ultimate big bass lure.

I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone and learn some new techniques.

Pig on!

Ok ok it is nothing special and I am sure some have used them, but my personal best came on it and large mouth love'em.

Bill's Scented Lure.(I believe company has changed names and packaging..I'll check)

ALso, any texas rigged plastic in Bass waters would get my vote. And how may varieties of plastics are there????
Flying lure?? Thanks

IN streams and rivers, texas rigged 3 inch plstic craw fish for smallmouth!!! # 1

No majic here, just time spent like you, fishing , fishing, fishing!

Jim W

Just teasing about the flying lure wink.gif. I wonder if there was anyone out there that actually bought some of those things. In fact, now that we are thinking about it, I think they are coming back out with some new "flying lure". I saw some down at bass pro in chicago on my trip down a month ago. LOL. I need to come up with some get rich fishing lure idea smile.gif

THAT'S IT. LOL.
I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE A BASS COME OUT OF THE WATER AND HIT IT....
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ONE OF THESE? I THINK IT WOULD BE REALLY TOUGH TO REEL ALL THAT STUFF IN AFTER THE BASS RUN INTO THE WEEDS.

I'LL NEVER LIVE THIS DOWN, BUT WHEN I STARTED BASS FISHING I BOUGHT SOME FLYING LURES. AND THOSE DARN THINGS REALLY WORK. NOW THAT I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF TO USE I GAVE THEM TO MY 13 YEAR OLD SON. HE LOVES THEM. AND WHEN NOTHING IS WORKING FOR ME I'LL TIE ONE ON.. THEY DO WORK. IT'S SOME THING THE BASS DON'T SEE ALL THE TIME SO THEY HIT AND HARD. AND THEY ARE COMING BACK NOW.

I remember when I got my first flying lures, I went to the local lake and made a cast and caught a fish right away. They will work when nothing else will.

Don't laugh guys but several years ago I bought the "Helicpoter Lure." Remember that? I think good old Roland Martin endorsed them. I didn't order them off t.v. but I think I got them at Fleet Farm. I figured, "Hey if Fleet Farm sells them, they gotta be good right?" WRONG! They sucked and are now long gone.
My friends and I usually buy one weird or different, off-the-wall lure every year. From the Roland Martin double-buzz to the Cotton Cordell Gay Blade, there's always something we blow our money on to keep things interesting.

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

My favorite action is buzzbait action. I love when a big fish blows up on it. But I still believe the easiest way to catch a big bass is to slow work a piece of soft plastic.

Okay here it goes

Heddon Torpedo for top water

Mid- Depth Spinners

Finesse Rigs Texas or Carolina

Deep water Jig-n-Pig

Still haven't caught a Largemouth on a crank yet, but I'll keep on trying.

Look what you done Ebass now I'll have to go casting in my yard.

i would have to say a topwater slop lure or jig and plastic in shallow water. some of the replies have been for roller jigs, but they do not account for most mn lakes. they do catch bigger fish on certain lakes that have the specific deep water traits, but they do not work most of the year. that is why jigs and a topwater slop lure are sure to find bigger fish.

i would have to say three bass rigs are my favorite,

#1 all time is the 4" tube jig, white, it catches some huge bass under docks

and gotta love the Bass Assassin, yeah baby!!

and i have to mention the "White Mouse", nuthin better than to see a huge bucketmouth explode on that, especially in the grossest, greenest, muckiest, shallowest, smelliest, slop you can find, you know the stuff where the bass are almost completly black cuz they haven;t seen any sunlight in such a long time, when you can go 100 yards away and catch an open water bass and it will be pale as can be, man i LOVE IT!!

oh yeah you guys and your deep water fishin, 5 feet of water is "DEEP" for me, there aren;t any bass in water over 6 feet of water...... oh wait maybe i just cant catch any in over 6 feet of water...lol

I would have to say a brown jig with a brown trailer. Then black and blue jig with a blue trailer. After that a 4" tube white. But the lure that is the most fun is definately a scum frog. Only a few short weeks left of waiting.
bf