• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You're Big Time Bass Lure

EBass

Hey we gotta keep the Bass forum rolling..

What are some of your more consistent Big Bass Lures.

My #1 Big Bass Lure is the spinnerbait

If you wanna add more that's cool too.

My #2 is plastics be it tubes, worms, senkos and stuff like that.

Anyways, -2 out and was just wondering.

Later,
EBass

PS - How do you edit a title? It should be Your Big Time Bass Lure. Oh well...

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 02-03-2004).]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say buzzzz bait?? All kind's of models, sizes and shapes! Anyone who has fished with me will reaffirm my affinity towards topwaters...heck maybe it's because their absolutely a blast to watch big bass blow-up on them! wink.gif Nav

ps....oh yeah...from dusk on....it's topwater time!

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

If I had to cut my arsenal down to just one lure, it'd be a white spinnerbait. You can buzz it at the surface, slow-roll it in deep water, and it's 95% weedless. Just don't make me narrow it down to willow-leaf blade or Colorado-style blade.....

Last year it was the SnagProof Tournament Frog. I live on a slop lake and that lure is the bomb for big fish in rice, pads, reeds, and assorted other thick junk.

My goto numbers bait is the Zoom Super Fluke.

[This message has been edited by Basspastor (edited 02-03-2004).]

Anywhere 7"-10" Blue Fleck Worm Berkley

3/8-1/2oz Purple Spinnerbait w/ trailerhook, double willow leaf, chrome

#11-#13 Original Rapala Firetiger or Gold

Thats All Folks!

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting!

Tad

EBass, nice topic.

When the conditions are right, my big time bass lure is the Rapala Skitter Pop in frog pattern.

Other than that, a white 3/8 oz. Terminator spinnerbait is always tied to at least one rod.

A black and blue 3/8 oz. bass jig w/ a blue Zoom big salty chunk is one of my favorites as well.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

Senkos, soft-plastics, spinnerbaits all produce numbers for me, but I'd say that if I took average weights of fish taken on a certain bait, I'd say fake frogs over the pads bring up some of the biggest mouths.

I would have to say the classic jig and pig, that has put many of big fish in my boat. The other would have to be a six inch power worm and 1/8 oz mushroom head. The biggest two bass of my life have come using this method.

My favorite big fish lure is hands down a 3/8 or 1/2 oz jig-n-pig in various colors...this lure cathces more BIG fish than anything else. Why would the PRO's choose to fish a jig once they have their limits.....because it creates the best opportunity to get a big bite. Not to say other lures can't catch big fish, but i have caught more big fish on jigs!!!

fisher98

What kind of Rapala baits & colors do most of you go to for bass? (shad raps, fat raps, dt's, etc...???)

As for me, my key baits are usually senkos, tubes, big jigs (hair jigs for smallies) and spinnerbaits (white and white & chart.) & buzzbaits for smallies.

Hey Basspaster, why don't you settle down. There are obviously exceptions to any rule. I'm well aware of the bass fishing on Leech, Pokegama, and many, many other lakes where the biggest bass are in rice/thick weeds. I'm trying to make a blanket statement based on MY observations. In the metro and many lakes outside for that matter(the lakes are irrelevant), if someone thinks they can catch more big fish more consistently on any other technique they are kidding themselves, IN MY OPINION. The question is "Your Big Time Bass Lure". Thus I gave one lure. Not a numbers lure or such technique. I gave my big time big bass lure that has caught HUNDREDS of four to six pound bass FOR ME. I feel pretty strongly about it so I tried to put some emphasis on it in my post. Thus the word "period".

I disagree with your statement. I like the Frogzilla a lot more than the Snagproof. I think that in many of the traditional "slop" lakes there are more bigger fish out deep - ex) Green by Chisago. Did I jump all over your post because you posted the wrong lure or a fairly narrow technique, IN MY OPINION? NO. Why? Because this whole thing is opinion and I don't see Al Linder posting the definative word on anything here.

I'm just trying to stick to the topic and make a positive contribution, not nitpick others suggestions.

Take a chill pill Doctor. If I were to use a Moynagh Rock jig on the MN Lake I live on than I would catch a lot of weeds, lose a lot of jigs to pike, and probably get some big bass now and then. However I would be very inefficient compared to many other lures and techniques.

Just as a Slop Frog has limitations in where it can be used most effectively, so does the rock jig. I was just poking fun at your exaggeration and emphasis. I didn't see anyone else claiming there lure was the absolute best in MN.

[This message has been edited by Basspastor (edited 02-06-2004).]