• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass through the ice!

Lunker

Well, I am not one of those guys who go out and try to catch the bass throught the ice as I dont find it very percentage wise successful, but it sure is fun to hook up with the occasional fish! A few weeks ago I pulled about a 1 lber out, it literally jumped out of the hole, and this was my first through the ice bass(fishing for gills) So the other day I was back at the same lake fishing gills with a tiny little green genz worm(hook size is similar to that of a trout fly!) with euros. Had a bite and set the hook into something very solid, which proceeded to take my little gill setup for a major spin, and every time I got it up to the 5" hole it would make a run. Ended up icing the 17" largemouth, right before my hook breaks off. She was a bit skinny from the winter, but quite a fun catch. Any one else hooked up with any bass this year? Just made me dream of summer seeing that bass.....