• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canelo vs Lara

Great fights last night. Lara looked really good but It sure looked like Canelo got the best of him with some very heavy hits. Cut Lara bad over one eye I believe in the 6th or 7th. Knocked Lara down a round or so later but ref called it a slip. sure looked like a punch did the job.

Scoring was all over the place but it seemed from viewing other scoring, Canelo did a bit better job, all depending on what HSOforum you look at that scored the fight.

Lara is fast and can sure moved but heavy shots from Canelo did slow Lara down and it sure seemed like for 3-4 rounds, lara didn't do much.

For the money, great fight card with 4 very good fights.

Both looked in great shape and fought hard, Canelo had his hands full with Lara.

Thanks for the input Harvey, I missed it but will catch the replay. Lara looked big and I thought Canelo would have his hands full, sounds like it was that way but not as hard for "Cinnamon." It's trendy for people to say boxings dead but good cards still are out there to see. Glad to hear it was a good one.

I believe if Lara would have been a bit less mobile and stood and fought a bit more, it may have ended differently. Some say he was all but running away from Canelo.

I realize this is how Lara fights but I believe it hurt him some in the scoring.

Close fight, will be questions about the decision but if you are a fight fan, it was as good as it could get.

Alvarez might be the 3rd biggest cash cow in boxing right now, so he will never lose a decision unless he is completely dominated, Mayweather for example, and even then the scoring was horrible.

I didn't watch the fight, so it's hard to say whether the decision was as bad as some articles are suggesting. Although, Lara was on the losing end of another horrible decision a few years ago against Paul Williams. Either way, it's a guarantee that there will be no rematch!

If any fight is close, someone has to lose, seems the one that losses is always saying it should have been my fight to win.

This fight was close and they said before the fight that it could end up a draw or a split decision and that is exactly what happened. If Lara would have won, Canelo would have said he was ripped off.

Depends who one talks to who should have won this fight.

Either way, it was a very good fight to watch and the undercard was good also.

I would love to see a Cotto-Canelo fight. Its been talked about for some time, ever since Canelo absolutley destroyed Cotto's brother some 5-6 yrs ago. I am a fan of both those guys but it'd be hard to go against Cotto and his resurgence with Freddy. Hes been looking like his old self.

I agree that the best fight for Canelo would be Cotto. Huge fan base around Cotto and not a true middleweight. I think the hype around Cotto is getting a little overblown. He knocked out Delvin Rodriguez (ESPN level fighter) and beat Martinez who has no wheels left because of his bad knees. Both of them should stay far away from Golovkin, who is the best fighter in that division. We will see what Golovkin is made of this weekend with a difficult fight against Geale.

Should be a great fight, maybe one of the best to date this year. If Golovkin does not knock Geale out, I see Golovkin losing a close decision.

Golovkin has a high knock out percentage but this may be his toughest fight to date.

Boy, he sure did. Its been a long time since we have seen a true bruiser like that at middleweight. If I was Cotto or Canelo I wouldn't rush to make that fight anytime soon. I just hope that everyone doesn't keep ducking Golovkin. I was really disappointed in the heavyweight fight. Thought it would be a better show. I think Perez isn't the same fighter since the where his opponent was left as a invalid.