• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We are headed to yankton for the weekend to do some fishing. We are not really fishing for anything specific. We dont have a boat so we are pretty limited on where we can go. Anything tips or areas to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lake Yankton just below the dam is a great panfish lake. It has slowed down some after the flooding a few years ago and they killed it off to get rid of carp etc. It may have rebounded since though I haven't been down there recently.

Otherwise the rocks below the dam on either side of the river with a heavy jig and minnow will produce fish. Also another place to try and fish would be the rocks above the dam near the marina.

Stop in at captain norms they may have a better report. Also if you have never visited the fish hatchery or the aquarium check it out.

any recent report for Lewis and Clark area? Will be camping down there this weekend for fathers day. Sadly this will be my first time wetting a line in open water this year.

Reports have been pretty slow in the SD section here as of late, hopefully others are getting out and fishing more than I am.