• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy B.A.S.S. Fishing

That is a good idea if your team name doesn't correspond to your FM moniker.

This is mine:
Minnesocold BPboys, Dave Maas

And here is my Posse
BPs Dad, Charles Maas (my Dad)
Schmenzig Bassmen, Steve Maas (My brother)
Schmenzig's Bassngirl, Haley Jewel Maas (My niece)

My arch Rivals who I beat at the Ice Leaders Mille Lacs BTW.
Cyberfish's Toadbusters, Michael Thompson (Cyberfish)
Harbinger of Doom, Michael Davis (Fishtales)

This should be fun, I'm in...

Most of these are obvious from the team name who you are, if not, maybe post your team name so we know "who is who"..

Here are the teams so far...

ramsey basser, Dan Barrett
Matt's Masters, Matt Gilbertson
RIP-N-LIPS , mike keller
Minnesocold BPboys, Dave Maas
Venkman Guido, Peter Venkman
NWO B.A.S.S., Dan B
Granny, Brian Granholm
Minnesota Bushwackers, Marty Trierweiler betterbasser , jess olson
Minnesota Basskickers, Glenn Schultz
fisher 98, jer larson
Flaming Ranchers, Josh Duerr
Cyberfish's Toadbusters, Michael Thompson
BPs Dad, Charles Maas
Harbinger of Doom, Michael Davis
Schmenzig Bassmen, Steve Maas
Schmenzig's Bassngirl, Haley Jewel Maas
Catch'n , Dan Wood
Wannabees , Scott Sendek
Exudedude Exudedude, Deitz Dittrich

We are up to 35 teams but have room for many more.
Deadline to get in for the 1st tournament is
January 29, 2004 8:59:59 AM PST

SIGN UP AND SET YOUR PICKS NOW-It only takes about 15minutes or less if you know what you are doing.

[This message has been edited by Basspastor (edited 01-27-2004).]

Sorry Exudedude but I have to disagree that your team sucks. You have two guys with a legitimate shot at the cut. Either or both of them make it to final round and your score will sky rocket from where it is. Your team is just slightly below the average score at this point.

If you want to see a team that Sucks, look no further than the MBPboys. By far the worst I have ever done in fantasy picks. I don't have a prayer of a single person making the cut and that is where the points are. All you want out of day 1 is limits, anglers in the top 50, and as many anglers as possible with a good shot at the cut. You need at least one person in the final cut to really do OK.

Look for a lot of shake up in positions except those with Alton Jones, Jason Quinn, and Tim Horton who only need modest limits to stay in front and make the cut. It is going to be a real dog fight for the rest of the top 12 spots and I would not be surprized to see many anglers make a big jumps foreward and backward.

Dan,
Did the same thing you did. The last time I looked the guy was in and I checked on the 5th and the guy was out and too late to change. Oh well, not like it would have bumped me up to 28,987th place.

Hey don't feel bad about a missed pick at the Smith Lake Tourny. David Fritts netted me -10 points and there were a lot of anglers that took away more points than they gave.

guys---

pretty fun little thing to follow...it helps you get through the tough winter days and allows you to just think about open water fishing.
Man i can't believe how tough the last tourney must have been. A lot of big names are struggling this year so far, hopefully this changes.
WE should post our lineups on FM after the our rosters are locked just to see who other people are using for their teams!!!

fisher98

Here's how the Scoring Bonuses and Penalties work. Once Bonus points are earned or penalities are assessed they are permanent unlike an anglers "place" which might shift if they fish another day.

Each day of the tournament there are 3 Bonus Categories and 1 Penalty.

Bonus Points
5 points if an angler catches a limit (therefore if all 5 of your anglers get a limit on a given day you gain 25 points)

10 points for the angler, or angler's in case of a tie, who catches the Big Sack of the day.

10 points for the angler, or angler's in case of a tie, who catch the Big Bass of the Day.

Therefore it is possible to gain 45 bonus points in one day if the correct anglers are picked.

The Penalty
-5 for any angler that skunks.

Bonus and penalty points is something I like about the ESPN fantasy game compared to the FLW game. Conceivably with just the right pick or picks you can gain at least 100points in just bonuses in a four day tournament. In the first tourny my whole line up did not score 100 points and without the limit and big bag bonuses would have been much worse. Mark Kile improved my score by .25 on the 2nd day in bonus points alone in the 1st tourny.

my roster for smith lake

Kotaro Kiriyama
Tom Mann Jr.
Gerald Swindle
Danny Correia
Aaron Martens

equal 176 pts.----but 3rd place overall!!!

Man is it fun to be dealing with people that are actually fishing open water!!!!

fisher98