• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Products for 2004

Dan Wood

Thought it would be a good way to pass the time until open water. What have you all seen for new bass fishing products coming out for 2004?

There are a couple that I've seen that look interesting...

Buzzbait (not your typical buzzbait)
BassProShops catalog (page 212 I think it was). It has an 11" or 18" wire arm separating the blade from the skirt hook (depending on the size of the bait). This looks interesting to say the least.

Another BuzzBait
There also is another buzzbait in that catalog that has a stabilizing weight underneath the blade. This has 2 tie points, so you can have either a straight retrieve or an erratic retrieve.

KINAMI Nories Bug
I think this may have been out part of last season?? Looks good to me!
noriesbug_banner.gif

I am not trying to be sarcastic, but if we are shunned from "advertising", how can we really post "New Products"?
Where do you draw the line as a moderator on what is advertising and what is not advertising?

I am quite sure there are plenty of people that are wondering the same thing.

I know we talk about some items on here, but then again, I have been edited out because I was "advertising" a particular product.

It seems we are able to talk about large company products(such as Gamakatsu), but as soon as we get into Joe Blow that makes great custom rods out of his basement, it breaks the FM advertising rules.

Biglakeba$$,
I noticed a couple of your posts earlier and was wondering the exact same thing!!! Where do they draw the line? I can say that I bought Rapala Shad Rap at Cabela's but you can't "advertise" a Senko type lure and say where you got it??? I'm in no way ripping anyone here but was just seeking some clarification, as there is probably a logical explanation.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

Guys,
Free advertising and just plain spam needs to be avoided on this site to keep it the quality site that it is. A lot of the small "Joe Blow" shops will use stealth advertising techniques to advertise freely. If you mention them it isn't a big deal. If you continue to bring up these great senko knock-offs, etc. you begin to appear that you are advertising against FM policy.

It isn't against the rules to talk about products. Posting links and obvious promotion of products that aren't sponsors of FM is prohibited. Hope this clears things up a bit.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Don't worry about it guys.

If a Pro Staffer brings it up, it's his rear on the line if the thread goes south. smile.gif

He'll have to watch it to make sure no undue promotion goes on.

We love to talk fishing products here regardless if they are a sponsor or not. It's the repetitive, and especially promotional stuff that will get non-sponsors the ax.

If Dan brings it up, might as well just have fun with it.

I think it also depends on the Moderator for the specific forum.
I have been edited for posting the great Senko knock-offs from Christopherson's Bait in Alexandria. I put one post on it, and I was deleted by the "powers that be".

Oh well, all we can do as FM users, is post away, and hope that it all fits the policies.
(Of course using some taste and common sense as well)

I am interested in trying though it is not new the Storm swimbaits. And large plastic worms as a surface lure in the thick slop. Those are two things I plan to try.

I've been wearing out the pages of the new BPS catalog too. One thing I noticed was a new "flexible crankbait by Lucky Craft - look like a possibility if I can screw up the courage to spend $17 on a bass lure....

Page 228 if you want to check it out.

I also noticed Dance's Buzzbait but wonder what damage a pike or muskie would do to that long wire....it doesn't say that it is made of titanium.

Anybody have success with Yo-Zuri lures?

Daze Off

ouch! 17$ for one lure.
one aggresive northern and its gone.

Some of the lures that caught my eye were the Superior frog ( pg 236 bass pro or pg 33 Cabelas). It looks like a lure that can be used as a topwater lure if twitched. Or you could swim it back to the boat a couple inches under the water, like a real frog swims.
I have also read a lot about the Ambush stealth diver on pg 235 bass pro. It has had a lot of hype but to me it looks like a northern bait as well.
Rapalas new jointed shad rap should also be decent for deep water bass or walleys.

hey daze off,

if you're looking to buy some lucky craft stuff you might want to check out hsolist. I have purchased a lot of lucky craft stuff off there. Just make sure you check the shipping prices. Sometimes they'll list the lure really cheap but they'll charge outrageous shipping fees. Last spring i bought a bunch of sammy's, g-splash, cb-200s, and bevy shads really cheap. The sammys were awesome for me last summer. They've outperformed any other walk the dog bait i've used by far.

[This message has been edited by kt (edited 01-07-2004).]

I'm feeling a little left out, my bps catelogue hasn't arrived yet frown.gif and I haven't received a new cabela's in a while too... I've worn all the pages out on my old catelogues and practically have them memorized! LOL What is a bass fisherman to do in the dead of winter. Thank goodness for magazines and fishing shows! I feel like my head is bursting with scenarios and techniques that are just going to waste until bass opener.

kt,

Thanks for the tip - it'll give me something else to do on the long winter weekends...

I must be a cheap SOB because I bought one for Table Rock in the "must have" color (chartreuse and grape) when I was down there and then was afraid to throw it too close to the wood because it cost so much ---- duh.....what a rube.....

I'm gonna love the new jointed shad rap size (#7) - had good luck with one toward the end of 2003 season and now have a couple more colors to play with. It's heavy enough to throw easily with a baitcaster - I got a new crankbait baitcaster from Santa (Quantum w/ 3.8/1 retreive) so it should be fun - I always tend to run my crankbaits too fast - my other reels are all 5.8/1 or 6.2/1.

Daze Off