• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Uncharted

CANOPY SAM

I don't know about you, but I'm really excited to see this new show with Jim Shockey, "Uncharted". Evidently this program premiers on July 2nd, and I for one cannot wait to see it!

The cinematography is supposed to be magnificent, and they are slated to hunt some really tough to get to, very exotic species, in extremely remote, far out countries.

I've always enjoyed watching Jim Shockey's shows to date. This one looks like it's going to be AWESOME!

It should be a great show. Looks like you like hunting shows just as much as me, minus the part where they shove sponsors down my throat.

Drury outdoors has really become "sponsor heavy" in their latest videos; ie...Ram trucks, Under Armor, and Ozonics. Kind of annoying. Just my 2 cents tho

Well....I've seen two episodes of "Uncharted" now, and I'm reasonably impressed by this program.

I guess I can't say the cinematography is any better or worse then anything else that Jim Shockey and his family have produced to date, but it's a good program, and I really love to see this crew go deep, deep into the uncharted stretches of our world to hunt rarely seen species.

I do appreciate the extra time they share with the local indigenous people, and the great appreciation they show to their local guides, and the tribal traditions.

In the last episode I saw, which may have been a rerun (?) the people they were hunting with stopped to harvest a blonde sloth of some kind. I think they called it a Cuscus? Anyway, it was kinda humorous when Jim and his buddy Corey got all squeamish cause these people dispatched of this critter with a club. They called it, "brutal". Not sure how quickly killing a critter with a swift blow from a club is anymore brutal then shooting an animal? Gotta kill it somehow, right? Either way, you end up with food for the table.

And on the same thread, what's up with Jim's pal Corey? He seems really unhappy, and particularly challenged with these adventures while Jim is just soaking it all up like it's just another day. Seems like maybe Jim could've found a bit more compatible hunter for these extreme expeditions.

Okay. Three episodes into this show now, and honestly, I think there was quite a bit of hype and buildup about Uncharted. It's an interesting show from a travel/big game hunter perspective, but as for the amazing cinematography it seems fairly average to me.

And as I said in my last post, what's the deal with Corey? If it was my place to judge I'd say this guy is actually pretty reckless and careless when it comes to big game hunting.

In the show where they are hunting some type of deer in the African swamp Corey shoots at a walking deer, says I don't know if I hit him or not, then without even checking for the first deer he just proceeds to shoot another one?

Then, while hunting some type of huge grassland buffalo, he unloads his gun on an absolute giant, dangerous animal, runs into the grass without knowing exactly where this wounded animal is, all the while ignoring his African guides and camera crew, and proceeds to just fill this animal with holes until it is dead.

I can only imagine the amount of work the guides had to do to butcher TWO of these giant buffalo the same night after both Jim and Corey had shot them. But again, judging Corey's general mentality, this thought probably never crossed his mind. He just wants to kill stuff. It was pretty obvious that even Jim was a little shocked and disappointed at the way Corey recklessly pursued his buffalo.

Anyway, I guess I'm not terribly impressed with this show so far. I think it would be a much better program if the camera crew was just following Jim. I like seeing how respectful he is of his game, and the people that help him get it.