• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

smallie video

Cheq Smallies - IceLeaders.com: 56K Modem - CLICK HERE

256k High Speed - CLICK HERE

Recommend that you Right Click on the 256k link and "Save Target As" to download to your PC. Then play it right off your PC. The 256k is a bigger picture with better sound.

Let us know what you think?

http://www.IceLeaders.com

just added missing links

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 01-01-2004).]

That was some pretty awesome video footage of ice-time smallies and being the smallie lover that I am, I'm admitedly a little jealous... but it is a little disturbing that they are targeting smallies in the middle of winter!

As the guy in the video states, he is bouncing his jig just off the bottom, and I think he gave a depth, but it's got to be deeper than 20+ feet down. Pulling smallies through the ice from what I've read and heard is VERY tough on smallmouth, especially from deeper waters. Smallies give a good fight which is obvious from the video, but in the opening clip he battles a smallie for almost two minutes. That really wears out those fish this time of year. Of course he is fishing up in Lake Superior, a fishery that could probably sustain icing for smallies (and they were released) but still... those 3-5lbs take a long time to get that big this far north and just because you put them back this time of year doesn't always mean they will live (especially with smallmouth!!) and a couple of 3-5lber here and there can really damage populations in a hurry. frown.gif

just my 2cents

Other than that, great footage!