• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing this weekend

Alphid

I know that the weather is suppose to be cold this weekend, but wondeirng if anyone else is going to brave it out on the lake?
I will be fishing up in the Chisago area tomorrow and am very optimistic on the bite. Sunday, the fish would not stay off the line.

[This message has been edited by Alphid (edited 11-07-2003).]

I probably won't be out there this weekend, but I was VERY successful last Sat/Sun with a Pig-n-Jig (black/blue) in submerged trees with 10-12 ft of water all around. See the thread of pics of the year. I got a 6 pounder last weekend, as well as a 4, and a 5. Good luck!

Was out on Sat for a couple hours. Boy was it cold that day.
On the way up every lake had ice on it and I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get on. Well the access was completely clear so we headed out.
Not much of a report but hear goes.
Ended up only getting 3 fish, they we all relating to some type of wood. Caught them all on white spinnerbaits being slowed rolled along the bottom. not much else top report except the channel going into and out of s. Linstrom to N. Lindstrom is just loaded with Crappies and sunfish. Pretty neat to see fish in two feet of water and under the ice. There has to be a couple thousand on both sides of the bridge, simply amazing.

I am hoping to maybe get out once more but judging by the snow happening outside I am not sure.

Best of luck to anyone that gets out.

Alphid,
Long time no talk. If you have extra room in the boat that's cool, or we can just use mine as well. Weather looks like winds will be light 45+ degrees, cant argue with that. The sows will be looking for one more big meal. Email me when you get a chance. You only threw spinnerbaits? one-who-thinks-I-am-silly.

Catchin'

Probably the last time out fishign for bass in minnesota this year came this weekend. My brother "Alphid" and i went out to Chisago for 2-3 hours, only to have one bite off and one bass. Made my day though, knowing i have that to think about when hard water comes over the lakes! Fun season though while it lasted.

Anyone else wet a line one more time?

[This message has been edited by catchin'whopper (edited 11-17-2003).]

I went out on Sunday and did some shore fishing along the mississippi around Monticello. I had a good outing. 14 smallmouth in total. All were in the 10-13 inch range with one 15 incher and the "one that got away". I had a beauty, 19-20 incher on and it jumped right in front of me and threw the hook mad.gif Oh well, there is always one that gets away...just happens to always be the biggest of the day!