• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who needs Love

Scott K

OK I never said he wasn't a dbag though... he whines way too much but he is the best player we have had in a while... since the ticket... and he was kind of a dbag too, hmmm coincidence? both will get traded and likely win a ring... coincidence? no just funny how it works out. IMO KLove will be a great 2nd fiddle to LBJ with Kyrie Irving also they are going to be tough.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NBA store has discontinued Andrew Wiggins' Cavs jersey.

It's not a surprise to see the NBA put a halt on the No.1 pick's jersey because he's almost certainly on his way to Minnesota in a deal for Kevin Love. If he does wind up in Minnesota, there's a good chance he'll be the first or second scoring option in his first season. He'll be worth a pick in the late-middle rounds of drafts.

The NBA store has discontinued Andrew Wiggins' Cavs jersey.

It's not a surprise to see the NBA put a halt on the No.1 pick's jersey because he's almost certainly on his way to Minnesota in a deal for Kevin Love. If he does wind up in Minnesota, there's a good chance he'll be the first or second scoring option in his first season. He'll be worth a pick in the late-middle rounds of drafts.

Agreed but he'll want out when his rookie contract is up. It's pretty rare to see a KG type player want to stay here.

Quote:
Andrew Wiggins has not yet been informed by the Cavaliers of a potential trade sending him to Minnesota in exchange for Kevin Love.

"As of now, Wiggins anticipates remaining a Cavalier," one source close to the rookie said. This doesn't mean that Wiggins won't be traded, but rather, the Cavs are delaying officially letting him know. There's also still time, as Wiggins cannot be traded until August 23. With Anthony Bennett being held out of pickup games, Kevin Love withdrawing from the FIBA World Cup, the NBA temporarily discontinuing the sale of Wiggins' Cavs jerseys, and Timberwolves' owner Glen Taylor saying that a trade is "likely" to go down by August 23 or 24; it would be shocking to not see this pan out when the moratorium on a Wiggins trade is lifted at the end of the month.

Quote:
Brian Windhorst told ESPN Radio in New York that there is a handshake deal in place for Kevin Love, sending Andrew Wiggins and Thaddeus Young to the Wolves and Anthony Bennett to the Sixers.

The fact that Minnesota is going to get anything near this type of deal for Love when there's essentially only one suitor is pretty amazing. Young's fantasy value wouldn't be unchecked in Minny as it was in Philly, and likewise there isn't a much better place for Bennett to land. Stay tuned as the Summer of Love slowly...comes...to an end.

that is what I was thinking they would end up doing...the wolves get wiggens, young, and a 1st from cle and sixers take another young player to their mix of youngsters and get rid of their highest paid player. I like it and with Wiggins being a guy from canada hopefully he won't want to leave MN as fast as others have..

This is far and away the best deal we could have hoped for. If Young continues to put up numbers the way he has been, and if Wiggins is half the prospect he's touted to be, we are getting an absolute rocking deal. Yes, Love is a double-double machine, but when you play for the board instead even attempting to play defense a LOT of guys could be double-double monsters. I just hope nothing falls apart in the next 19 days or whatever, but this will be looked back on as a real steal for the Wolves, I believe. It would have been a good deal before with Wiggins and Bennett and a pick, but to swap Bennett and Young? Nice!

This is far and away the best deal we could have hoped for. If Young continues to put up numbers the way he has been, and if Wiggins is half the prospect he's touted to be, we are getting an absolute rocking deal. Yes, Love is a double-double machine, but when you play for the board instead even attempting to play defense a LOT of guys could be double-double monsters. I just hope nothing falls apart in the next 19 days or whatever, but this will be looked back on as a real steal for the Wolves, I believe. It would have been a good deal before with Wiggins and Bennett and a pick, but to swap Bennett and Young? Nice!

Young only has one year left on his deal and then he can opt out or go free agent. We only will have him for a year.

I guess I would much rather see the past 2 years best rookies grow, then watch Love just barely miss the playoffs, again, and again, and again....

Each year we knew we may be a little better then the last, but not quite good enough to make the post season. This year, we can assume we wont make it either, but we have promise to have a couple good studs on the team.

I think a team with

Rubio(23)

Young (26)

Pekavic (28)

Wiggins (19)

Bennit (21)

Dieng (24)

Hummel (25)

Bazz Muhammad (22)

Along with Martin, JJ, Brewer, Buddinger, etc.. For some veteran help. We will have an exciting inconsistent team next year.

I agree about being on the losing end as usual. Problem is we don't have much choice. Just like Garnet, Love should have a ring within the next couple of years. I don't blame those guys though I would want out too. They gave the T-Wolves a chance do get things done and the Wolves have failed miserably. Kevin has to be pumped big time I hope he has a good year. Meanwhile the Wolves will continue down the road of nothingness.

I think it's a great deal for the wolves. We get rid of love who we weren't going anywhere with. Is that the organizations fault? I don't think so. Without a top tier player who can lead the team instead of love I don't think he'd go anywhere anyways. He complains to much and only hustles for rebounds on defense. Rubio has came out and said that love isn't a team leader. The west is so good right now as well that I'd rather be building a team for 3-4 years in the future then have a slightly above average team right now.

If this goes through, better than Garnett for Al Jefferson by far. Couldn't make playoffs with Love. I'm sure he will win one with Cleveland, but his numbers will go down significantly unless he does more knuckle push ups.

I think it's a great deal for the wolves. We get rid of love who we weren't going anywhere with. Is that the organizations fault? I don't think so. Without a top tier player who can lead the team instead of love I don't think he'd go anywhere anyways. He complains to much and only hustles for rebounds on defense. Rubio has came out and said that love isn't a team leader. The west is so good right now as well that I'd rather be building a team for 3-4 years in the future then have a slightly above average team right now.

Charles Barkley calls K Love the best power forward in the game. People may not like Barkley but he knows basketball better than all of us.

Yes it is the organizations fault. Even the best power forward in the game will not get you into the playoffs by himself, the T-Wolves have proved that.

Ricky should be the last one talking about leadership.

They have been talking about "building for the future" since the beginning and apparently fans are still buying into it.

I would have preferred Love stayed and convinced other stars to come play here , but he couldn't do that. What is a fair trade value for a star pf? I would rather have the past 2 years best rookies with very high upsides, then a dozen mediocre players that won't make you anything better the mediocre. I think we got the best deal we could for him.

Its going to be interesting to see how love does in Cleveland. He is excellent offensively but sucks on defense, is a cry baby and whines to officials. With qualities like that I'll wonder how he does playing with 2 other stars.

I agree, but I think Lebron is better defensively than anyone that has been around Love to this point so I have a feeling that Love will do quite well.

I dont care who we get as long as he's gone. Im not a huge NBA fan to begin with, but I never liked this guy from day 1. Great on the stat sheet, but what a primadonna. "knuckle pushups"? yeah right!