• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who needs Love

Scott K

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they will have no problem if they want Love to get him in a trade and also pay him. Espn has done the money thing with this many times over...

Bring it on I would love to have Wiggins and something else in exchange for Love.

Can we get rid of Glen Taylor. He has to be one of the worst owners in sports. Hiring David Kahn, the Joe Smith fiasco. Not making the playoffs in 10 years. He needs to stick with making paper or envelopes or whatever he does well.

I hope it goes through for Wiggins. I think Rubio will shine without having to run an offense that needs to run perfect so Love can get the ball in his spots. I'd like to get rid of JJ, Schved, Dudinger, Martin and find some bench players that can play defense.

I like Deing. Pek got paid way too much in a league that doesn't value centers.

How many times did we make the playoffs with Love? Zero

Cleveland flinched first by throwing in Wiggins. And now Golden State appears to have flinched as well, rumored to be offering up Klay Thompson in a trade scenario. Nice job Flip!

I would assume that Flip takes whatever deal is best, either today or tomorrow after each team calls their hand.

Buh-bye KLove. Take your talents somewhere else.

I know Clay is more of a known commodity, but I'm much more intrigued by Wiggins. Many experts considered him the most "NBA-ready" prospect to come out of high school since Lebron.

His potential as a two-way player and highlight reel dunker seems to be the shot of adrenaline the franchise needs if it wants to get fans interest again. I know a lot of scouts and GMs have lost their jobs due to picking potential over productivity, but Wiggins has superstar potential while Clay doesn't.

Either way, if Cleveland is willing to include Wiggins, and Golden State is willing to part with Clay, that's the best they could hope for in this situation and they need to pull the trigger on one of the deals now.

I would rather them trade with Cleveland, and get Wiggins, and Bennit.

Then I would like to see them get rid of whoever else we can for future 1st round picks, and young potential talent. I dont really want to see another rebuild, but if we are going to do it, you may as well do it right. Put Pek, Rubio, Martin, Bud on the table, and see what you can get from them. Build for the future, because we arent going anywhere anytime soon any how. I would much rather watch a bunch of young guys progressing together, then watch a bunch of mediocre high paid vets win 30 games.

Get er done Flip!

How pumped must Love be right now thinking he can go to Cleveland and possibly win the championship this year. Yes, the cleveland area sucks, but a ring will make up for that.

Yep. Lebron apparently called Love recently and told him he wants to play with him. That should seal the deal. Love can basically chose where he wants to play by stating whether or not he will re-sign. In the end it is more up to him than Flip. He will be going to Cleveland.

I'm still seeing reports of Wiggins is on the table. If so thats the trade that has to be made. Golden State can offer some good players but I don't see them making us a legit contender, more like a fringe playoff team at best.

With Wiggins and any other parts that the Cavs can offer there is more unknown but at least the potential exists for something better. I'll give up the chance at a fringe playoff spot the next few years for the potential of something even better 2-3-4 years down the road.

With Wiggins on the wolves this year I am sure that earns us another lottery pick. Lets see what the team looks like at the start of 2015 with Wiggins, Z. LaVine, and nexts years lottery pick.

Do we own the rights to our 2015 1st round pick? I thought we owed it to Phoenix? Or someone?

Just had to look it up. We do owe Phoenix a pick but its protected if it falls in the top 12. I suspect we'll be in the top 12 if we lose Love and go with the young guys.

They need to pull the trigger on this deal. I don't think they they will see a better deal then what Cleveland is offering. Even if Golden State comes up with something, Klay Thompson doesn't want to be here and will just pull a Kevin Love in a couple of years.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are offering No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins and 2013 top pick Anthony Bennett to acquire All-Star power forward Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves, ESPN reported Friday night.

The Cavaliers had been reluctant to trade Wiggins but reportedly have recently become open to it. Bennett also is included in the talks, and the Cavs are open to offering a 2015 first-round pick, according to ESPN.

Cleveland and Minnesota have been in trade talks since the Cavaliers signed superstar forward LeBron James a week ago.

Yahoo Sports reported that James had contacted Love since the Cavaliers decided to include Wiggins in a possible deal.

However, new Cavaliers coach David Blatt continues to state that the team will not trade Wiggins.

"That's why they call them rumors," Blatt said after losing to the Houston Rockets in their final Las Vegas Summer League game on Thursday night. "Sooner or later, in one's career, you're going have to deal with it. So if he has to deal with it now, then so be it. It's the summer league. He's learning everything as he goes along."

Wiggins had 21 points and five rebounds in the 96-90 loss. A team official said Wiggins was not available to the media because of a "league obligation." He was signing autographs after the game.

"I don't talk to him about any of that stuff, because, for me, it doesn't mean anything," Blatt said. "At least not right now. You know, that's the beauty of these games: There's always something to talk about."

The Cavaliers are in negotiations with Wiggins' representatives to sign the 19-year-old. If the team signs Wiggins, it has to wait 30 days before trading him.

The Timberwolves are also in talks with the Golden State Warriors about a trade involving Love. The Warriors have offered All-Star forward David Lee and forward Harrison Barnes, but they have been unwilling to include shooting guard Klay Thompson.

Love, who is a three-time All-Star, will become a free agent after next season and has told the Timberwolves he will not re-sign with them.

Love is reportedly interested in signing a long-term deal with the Cavaliers to play alongside James.