• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lab?

mpester

My cousin had a silver for a few years but the dog ended up with health issues relating to epilepsy which we were told was common in that breed. Poor thing started having seizures on a regular basis till they decided to put him down. Was primarily a family dog and in my opinion was one of the best I had ever seen. I think most of the time the dog actually though he was a person! He was loyal, mild mannered,fun and would tire out 10 people playing fetch. He was a great dog and it saddened our whole extended family to see him go. You get out what you put into any dog in my opinion and can't strictly rely on the breed to get a "good" dog. His name was Shadow because his was always right behind or beside you ready to please.....

You guys don't always have to take a simple question or comment and turn it into a PI$^&^%NG match, there's more important things going on in this world to focus your energy on than starting something on an internet forum....GO FIND ONE.. NAMA

What the heck is a silver lab? I saw some this weekend and they sure look like they have a lot of Weimaraner in them.

Seen um, just always thought they were a mix too? confused

full-27051-46972-imageseanqji4x.jpg

You guys don't always have to take a simple question or comment and turn it into a PI$^&^%NG match, there's more important things going on in this world to focus your energy on than starting something on an internet forum....GO FIND ONE.. NAMA

duty_calls.png

Ha Ha Ha Ha....I'm back with the guy who suggested the term Ebony Labrador.

Regardless the color of YOUR dog be patient and be kind and always be aware that YOU are getting more from the dog than it probably receives from you.

If ONLY your wife adored and revered you like you dog does! LOL

Okay, now back to my Ebony Lab....she's demanding I go out in this screaming wind and "play".

Its good to see passion about breed characterisitics isnt isolated to German Shorthairs. Its sad how negative and serious people get about someone else's dog. I was on a Facebook Group for GSP's and this very happy lady posted a bunch of pictures of her new pride and joy. A CURSES black and white german shorthair!! Oh the humanity. The site actually pulled down the photos and booted her off! Ridiculous.

Personally that "Ivory" lab is sort of spooky looking but who am I to judge. If it does what you want it to do then good.

The bloodlines for most breeds are so watered down over the years and now there are so many trendy breed combinations that it makes the Turduckhen seem completely normal.